• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The sad thing is the individual that went back to find all those old tweets which were pointed out to Disney is now reposting them on Twitter to protest his reinstatement. :eek:

Not that he has an axe to grind.

Oh if I only had a dollar for every jackalope on twitter with an axe to grind.

Pretty cool. He took it on the chin with class...seemingly moved on and kept quiet about it, but we all know it had to be eating him up inside. Happy for the guy, MCU IS his passion. Pretty rare to see a reversal like this these days...

I'm assuming suicide squad and GotG3 don't conflict? Haven't reconciled their schedules...

**Disregard. Came back to edit. I see now they are actively deconflicting. Apparently Disney is the one accommodating.**

Edited by Callaway29

14 hours ago, jason4 said:

I applaud Disney for giving someone a second chance. And now we will get a good guardians 3 and I hope to see Adam warlock. 

backlash and fear of loss of revenue were more prevalent here I think. :) 

Weren’t there some here who agreed with Disney’s firing and how they needed to move forward because they couldn’t continue with him based on the comments he made

After the James Gunn news, it looks like some rushed to update the wiki page covering his life and work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gunn

Since this situation has detractors and supporters involved, interesting how deep this will get with editors rushing to 'share the details' from their point of view.

jamesgunn01.thumb.JPG.17e411a1a4dcf1556c5de418a31fc9e2.JPG

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The sad thing is the individual that went back to find all those old tweets which were pointed out to Disney is now reposting them on Twitter to protest his reinstatement. :eek:

Not that he has an axe to grind.

Getting Gunn fired was/is one of his claims to fame.

Must suck to realize it was all for naught.

26 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Getting Gunn fired was/is one of his claims to fame.

Must suck to realize it was all for naught.

You are not kidding. Him and his followers were on fire yesterday, posting all sorts of old tweets with wild stories to enhance their message.

Nuts!

Me, for one. His comments weren't life ending, but they were gross and serious, and Disney has to not only protect their multi billion dollar company, but their reputation. This was smart, and the right thing.

5 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Weren’t there some here who agreed with Disney’s firing and how they needed to move forward because they couldn’t continue with him based on the comments he made

Yes, but people can change their minds like Disney did here. I wasn't to keen on BvS & JL when they 1st came out in theaters but gave them another shot from home & ended up enjoying them more. Not sure how much of a point they made firing him now that they decided to bring him back. He certainly wasn't blacklisted in Hollywood like Lori Loughlin seems to be after the college scandal.

Hilarious. If people only knew what their beloved celebrities said behind closed doors. :eyeroll:

I'm glad Gunn is back. It's his baby, as far as I'm concerned. Some tasteless jokes weren't enough to merit his firing in the first place.

Edited by Darkowl

14 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Hilarious. If people only knew what their beloved celebrities said behind closed doors. :eyeroll:

I'm glad Gunn is back. It's his baby, as far as I'm concerned. Some tasteless jokes weren't enough to merit his firing in the first place.

Tasteless jokes from how many years ago?  It wasn't like he had just said them. Just goes to show how up tight society (PC police) can be.

Edit: reminds me of the Ferris Bueller joke about the lump of coal being strategically place to produce a diamond.

Edited by Catwomancomics