• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

I assumed you'd have more hair on your chest.

Well, I did shave it all off to go with your theme.

emotion01.gif.3d52af5ea4be2791941dd5007ab9eac9.gif

You good-looking son of a beetch!

:insane:

Edited by Bosco685

I think that Gunn may have thought the great humor of GotG 1 was one of the only redeeming qualities, when in fact, the entire movie was just done so well. So he overloaded GotG Vol 2 with too much.

GotG Vol 2 is easily one of the worst MCU films because of it. If he can get back to all of the qualities that made the first one such a "surprising" hit, then the finale to the trilogy could be great.

Having a team of mostly nobodies defeat a Celestial was just blatantly bland and boring. The heroes never faced adversity. The only redeeming stories were those of Rocket + Yondu and Gamora + Nebula. Everything else was filler. Hours of filler.

22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

GotG Vol 2 is easily one of the worst MCU films because of it. If he can get back to all of the qualities that made the first one such a "surprising" hit, then the finale to the trilogy could be great.

I still found enjoyable moments in GotG Vol 2 because of my appreciation of the first film. But there was definitely something different in Vol 2.

I didn't like the 'carp in your sleeping bag' joke they seemed to focus on for a little bit. I get Gunn was going for a bunch of buddies shyt-talking one another. But still, it could have been something else. Even in all my time in the Army and as close as we had to be sometimes if not a few months then at least weeks, we didn't talk about taking a dump in someone's boots, rucksack or MRE's.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I still found enjoyable moments in GotG Vol 2 because of my appreciation of the first film. But there was definitely something different in Vol 2.

I didn't like the 'carp in your sleeping bag' joke they seemed to focus on for a little bit. I get Gunn was going for a bunch of buddies shyt-talking one another. But still, it could have been something else. Even in all my time in the Army and as close as we had to be sometimes if not a few months then at least weeks, we didn't talk about taking a dump in someone's boots, rucksack or MRE's.

It wasn't 100% trash or anything, but it had no gravity, and was overfull of humor.

It has some of the most hilarious moments and jokes in the MCU - but it doesn't balance those. The villain is so cookie-cutter, uses exposition to create tension, etc. There isn't really any substance to the movie. What does it accomplish for any characters other than the above 4 that I mentioned? Nothing, really.

The heroes are never in trouble, despite Ego being a Celestial. It just isn't good for anything other than jokes, and that makes me sad. I'm hoping that the next one doesn't continue to alienate any of the remaining characters.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:25 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I wonder if DC/Warner hiring Gunn for Suicide Squad 2 made Disney/Marvel rethink that maybe they should rehire Gunn back for GOTG 3?

what? DC wants the guy we just fired??? 180 degrees about and warp 9 Scotty!! :) Belay that order Mr. Scott. HR says we should only make it warp 8, that way we seem to look like we're being accomadating to the guy we just backed over. 

Edited by fett

On 3/17/2019 at 11:01 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Tasteless jokes from how many years ago?  It wasn't like he had just said them. Just goes to show how up tight society (PC police) can be.

Edit: reminds me of the Ferris Bueller joke about the lump of coal being strategically place to produce a diamond.

There's no 'PC Police' involved in this, whatever that is.

This was someone with a clear agenda who went after Gunn to damage his career and reputation. 

People reacted as they would to anything new and shocking on their news feed. The real outrage came from those who opposed his views. There was no one with any real power or influence that saw this as a threat to society or the way people think. This was sabotage, plain and simple.

Disney acted from a fear for their own reputation. 

Gunn showed class and time let it all calm down.

Now that same person is trying to stir it up again. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Gower said:

There's no 'PC Police' involved in this, whatever that is.

This was someone with a clear agenda who went after Gunn to damage his career and reputation. 

People reacted as they would to anything new and shocking on their news feed. The real outrage came from those who opposed his views. There was no one with any real power or influence that saw this as a threat to society or the way people think. This was sabotage, plain and simple.

Disney acted from a fear for their own reputation. 

Gunn showed class and time let it all calm down.

Now that same person is trying to stir it up again. 

It tips towards a political discussion if we go too far. But the person behind this is truly a twisted individual that has relished in trashing people frequently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gunn

Just read the 'Firing from Disney and reinstatement', research the individual mentioned and make your own decisions. He has a video on Youtube where he laughs about the damage he has done to people in his cross-hairs. The evil side of social media.

Well I don’t know what Gunn’s political views are and I don’t care. I do know what Sean Penns views are due to the fact that’s he’s so outspoken and I personally can’t stand listening to him talk in an interview but I’ll watch his movies all day long because he’s a great actor in my opinion. I’m glad Gunn’s back but I think it would have been very cool to see what Waititi would have done with Guatdians 3 as he was the logical choice to take over.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Listen kid, you've been an adult for what... 6 or 7 years? I've lived that TIMES FIVE. You don't know JACK about the real world.

There are MILLIONS of people on social media out there. If you say something that offends a large group of them, they may respond. That isn't the POLICE. That's human beings that don't wish to be categorized or summed up by some less than educated doofus who's unenlightened to the idea that the world is made up of all kinds of different people. 

If you're a CELEBRITY with millions of followers, then you have an even bigger chance of offending someone based upon what you might say about an individual or group of people. 

DISNEY is in the business of making money. Someone who works for them who offends people on social media threatens that. It doesn't matter if they're on the left or the right, if they post an extreme view and they see it as threatening to them, they can choose to part ways. 

That's BUSINESS. 

There are no police involved. 

In James Gunn's instance, it's exactly how I laid it out. No one stepped in as an authoritative, decision making figure and laid down the law. It played out as it would with ANY controversial statement. It was discovered - it was reacted to by people - the corporation he worked for weighed the consequences.

Simple as that.

When someone responds to what they feel is feelings of dislike towards women, or minorities - that isn’t them being the police. That’s them as seeing other real life human beings as also real life human beings.  NOT a category to be discriminated and marginalized.

The ‘buzzwords’ you use, PC POLICE and SJW and SNOWFLAKE are designed specifically to marginalize those who are simply standing up for themselves. They were designed to turn the victim into the bad guy. To turn it into a faceless thing instead of person named Mary, who’s dad beat her when she was 16 because he found out she was gay - or John, a black man from Alabama, who had the ’n’ word spray painted on his car because he chose the wrong apartment to move in to.

You can embrace the hate. That’s your choice. Heck, you’re too young to even realize you’ve been manipulated into being a part of it.

But the superheroes I grew up with, would never stand for that. And I don’t either.

I thought I was "on ignore". I'm not even going to bother reading this blog.

"Listen, kid" - The beginning to a response that nobody will care to read. Go try bullying someone else. I don't have time for immature, pretentious, insecure "adults".

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

"Listen, kid" - The beginning to a response that nobody will care to read. Go try bullying someone else. I don't have time for immature, pretentious, insecure "adults".

So true, I stopped reading after "listen kid"

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I read it.  It had more value to me than what you usually post.  You are correct though, you should be put on ignore.  Ignore it will be. 

How do I ignore someone BTW? There is always a first and after around eight years I believe I found the first person worthy of the personal ban hammer. 

Forget it... I found it.  He is now the second one that is on ignore.  I forgot about someone else. That other someone else has not been seen around for six months and might never be coming back so maybe I am not so wrong in my gut feeling on who to block and who I can chalk things up to as being a simple disagreement. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I read it.  It had more value to me than what you usually post.  You are correct though, you should be put on ignore.  Ignore it will be. 

Okay? Is someone keeping public tabs on people ignoring me?

Are you trying to "hurt my feelings" by telling me that you're going to ignore me?

Chuck habitually gets emotional invested in his opinions and takes it out on anyone who disagrees. It took him 50 posts to admit that Captain Marvel does not have the Power Cosmic (objective fact). I don't really see the necessity to ignore me, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise. You'll find more soft opinionated posts in this sub-forum by me than you will by him.

Have a nice day!

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

How do I ignore someone btw? There is always a first and after around eight years I believe I found the first person worthy of the personal ban hammer. 

Top right. Click on your profile. "Ignored Users". There are 4 methods of "ignoring".