• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I read it.  It had more value to me than what you usually post.  You are correct though, you should be put on ignore.  Ignore it will be. 

I've had him on ignore for a while now. For others, you just put the mouse on their icon and wait and you will see the ignore feature pop up.

A perfect example to show the PC POLICE don't exist: Howard Stern.

Howard left terrestrial radio in 2006, where for years he had to deal with being harassed over the content of his shows. People would say, "The PC Police are trying to stop him....!" NO, it was his companies fears that they would lose advertising over his antics that gave him problems and lost him jobs, for DECADES before social media existed. 

Sirius Radio hired him with a full understanding of what he was all about AND because they needed that draw to build their subscription base. Once that dynamic was turned into a way to MAKE money for the company that hired him, instead of the fear it might LOSE money - Stern no longer had to worry about losing his job.

The people who complained about him REMAINED, but the power that actually could hire and fire him, the CORPORATION, saw him as money, as opposed to a liability. He's allowed to do his show the way he wants to do it, no imaginary PC Police to stop him. Because they're imaginary.

49 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

A perfect example to show the PC POLICE don't exist: Howard Stern.

Howard left terrestrial radio in 2006, where for years he had to deal with being harassed over the content of his shows. People would say, "The PC Police are trying to stop him....!" NO, it was his companies fears that they would lose advertising over his antics that gave him problems and lost him jobs, for DECADES before social media existed. 

Sirius Radio hired him with a full understanding of what he was all about AND because they needed that draw to build their subscription base. Once that dynamic was turned into a way to MAKE money for the company that hired him, instead of the fear it might LOSE money - Stern no longer had to worry about losing his job.

The people who complained about him REMAINED, but the power that actually could hire and fire him, the CORPORATION, saw him as money, as opposed to a liability. He's allowed to do his show the way he wants to do it, no imaginary PC Police to stop him. Because they're imaginary.

Taking it further it led to opportunities that some would have never expected such as being a judge on America’s Got Talent.  He obviously did it as a good because he loved the show as a fan.  However my grandmother who was in her 90’s at the time loved him there.  Obviously corporate America was willing to embrace him for markets outside his usual demographic. 

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I've had him on ignore for a while now. For others, you just put the mouse on their icon and wait and you will see the ignore feature pop up.

He was new and I figured I would give it a chance... but that window closed. 

Stop talking about me or I'll have no other choice but to destroy you.

Spoiler

:jokealert:

If you're here only for "matter of fact" posts, then fine, ignore me.

I thought @Buzzetta was here for good times, though, too. What a shame.

Ignore me if you don't like to have fun and/or take everything too seriously. Good riddance.

When Disney actually did rehire Gunn in March, thereby allowing him to complete the "Guardians of the Galaxy" trilogy, Gillan seemed to sum up the thoughts of the cast when she tweeted, "We are groot." In her interview with the Times, she elaborated.

"I was so happy because it truly feels like we’re part of this little family on 'Guardians,'" Gillan explained. "And to have your leader ripped away from you is a really weird feeling. I feel that it wouldn’t be the same type of 'Guardians' movie without him. So much of it is his personality. The sense of humor, his taste in music, the characters — there’s so much of him in there, so that would have been quite a strange sensation to make it without him. We were just so happy when he came back. It feels like everything’s as it should be now."

While "Guardians of the Galaxy" is an ensemble effort and it would be unfair to shortchange the rest of the creative talent behind the series, it's fair to say that Gunn is the auteur force behind why those movies stand out.

It is also, of course, a reflection on the fact that he is clearly deeply loved by the people who work with him. That is no mean feat in Hollywood, and when Gillan described being part of a "little family," it is hard not to see the parallel between the dynamic which obviously existed on the set and the stories being told in the movies themselves.

23 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

GotG Vol. 2 is the 2nd-worst MCU film (above The Incredible Hulk).

:sumo:

Although I do feel GotG Vol. 2 is not as strong as Vol. 1, I would never detract from Thor: The Dark World's ranking.

(:

Looks like it is a rumor still. For now.

With James Gunn back on Guardians of the Galaxy 3, the rumors are starting to fly, which revolves around the High Evolutionary said to be a part of the film, possibly as the villain, in addition to Zac Efron playing Adam Warlock, Beta Ray Bill appearing in the film, Drax finding his daughter, and more.

Regarding Zac Efron, it is again rumored that Efron is wanted to play Adam Warlock for Guardians of the Galaxy 3. No further details are known, but a previous rumor offered that Lucas Till was also up for the role. Regarding Zac Efron playing Adam Warlock, he might actually be able to pull it off as he as the "perfect" look required for Adam Warlock, and he was pretty good in the Ted Bundy movie, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. I've always thought Adam Warlock had a bit of an ego and was full himself, so Efron seems to fit (no offense, Zac). Adam was first introduced during Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with the cocoon scene.

Another rumor floating around is that Quasar will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3. James Gunn actually teased Quasar a while ago, plus a version of Quasar was a part of the original 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy comic, so Gunn may be including Phyla-Vell. Let's hope Gunn doesn't go with the Quasar name for Phyla, as that belongs to the original Quasar Wendell Vaughn created by the late and great Mark Gruenwald.

The Beta Ray Bill, Zac Efron for Adam Warlock and Quasar rumors come from 4Chan, so bear that in mind, but 4Chan rumors for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 did prove legit.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Looks like it is a rumor still. For now.

Wow...those are some tall rumors considering the movie isn't even going to start filming until 2020.

Full disclosure: I'm ALL for these characters appearing (especially Quasar!) but reel it in a little.

Edited by sagekilz

22 hours ago, The Brain said:

Has this been posted anywhere??

I think it's a more reliable rumor/leak that the High Evolutionary, Moondragon, Lady Llyra, and Adam Warlock make their debut in GOTG3. I think to add Beta Ray Bill to that mix would overstuff the movie. I know Thor leaves with the Guardians at the end of Endgame, but I think that just may be a way for Thor to get off Earth. I don't think he'll really play a large role in GOTG3, and it makes more sense for Beta Ray Bill to debut in a Thor 4 or Disney Plus show.