• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, chezmtghut said:

:wishluck::cloud9::wishluck: I just hope they don't kill him off at the end of the film, which has been an issue with the majority of MCU villains.

That's because most of them suck.

If a good villain, like Zod or Killmonger, gets killed off then it's not a big deal IMO.

On 5/27/2019 at 2:28 AM, chezmtghut said:

:wishluck::cloud9::wishluck: I just hope they don't kill him off at the end of the film, which has been an issue with the majority of MCU villains.

He’ll just disappear at the end of the film.

I gotta say that the "conclusion"(?) to the GotG trilogy is probably at the top of my list for Phase 4*. I hate the lack of gravity/stakes in GotG 2, but I'm hoping that potentially with Thor and Adam and BRB, they can finish it on a high note. I like it when a director has the opportunity to complete their vision (screw you, Warner Bros).

*If they continue rolling out in phases.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I gotta say that the "conclusion"(?) to the GotG trilogy is probably at the top of my list for Phase 4*. I hate the lack of gravity/stakes in GotG 2, but I'm hoping that potentially with Thor and Adam and BRB, they can finish it on a high note. I like it when a director has the opportunity to complete their vision (screw you, Warner Bros).

*If they continue rolling out in phases.

Here's a prediction. Not really a prediction, though. Thor will factor hardly at all in GOTG Vol 3. I predict they'll drop Thor off somewhere at the beginning of the movie. He's just too much of a distraction to properly wrap up the Guardians story. Volume 3 is supposed to delve further into the stories of Rocket and Drax, while introducing Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and the High Evolutionary, while at the same time, figuring out the mess with Gamora. Chris Hemsworth himself just stated he has no idea where his character (movie-wise) is going after Endgame but wants to continue playing him. I think the next major Thor appearance will be in an actual Thor movie. He's just too big a character to shoehorn into a Guardians movie, and the Guardians don't need him to sell movie tickets.

It would also be a mistake to shoehorn Beta Ray Bill into Guardians. James Gunn set us up for Adam, Moondragon (Drax's daughter), and High Evolutionary (Rocket's creator). That's enough for one movie.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Here's a prediction. Not really a prediction, though. Thor will factor hardly at all in GOTG Vol 3. I predict they'll drop Thor off somewhere at the beginning of the movie. He's just too much of a distraction to properly wrap up the Guardians story. Volume 3 is supposed to delve further into the stories of Rocket and Drax, while introducing Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and the High Evolutionary, while at the same time, figuring out the mess with Gamora. Chris Hemsworth himself just stated he has no idea where his character (movie-wise) is going after Endgame but wants to continue playing him. I think the next major Thor appearance will be in an actual Thor movie. He's just too big a character to shoehorn into a Guardians movie, and the Guardians don't need him to sell movie tickets.

It would also be a mistake to shoehorn Beta Ray Bill into Guardians. James Gunn set us up for Adam, Moondragon (Drax's daughter), and High Evolutionary (Rocket's creator). That's enough for one movie.

I can't say that I would be surprised with your prediction. I think that they kinda need a powerful ally, though. The GotG are a pretty awesome group, but they lack a heavy hitter and it's part of why #2 was awful to me. They took on a Celestial with a half-Celestial who just learned a semblance of his power and a rag-tag group of comedians. It was just so far from tense.

We usually see a new villain in each film, so I would suspect he'd kinda be introduced as such. Maybe switch sides after a bout with Thor and team-up against a common threat.

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I can't say that I would be surprised with your prediction. I think that they kinda need a powerful ally, though. The GotG are a pretty awesome group, but they lack a heavy hitter and it's part of why #2 was awful to me. They took on a Celestial with a half-Celestial who just learned a semblance of his power and a rag-tag group of comedians. It was just so far from tense.

We usually see a new villain in each film, so I would suspect he'd kinda be introduced as such. Maybe switch sides after a bout with Thor and team-up against a common threat.

I would think the High Evolutionary and Adam Warlock (both linked in the comic books) would be the villains, with Adam Warlock switching to the good. Maybe if Marvel Studios switches up Beta Ray Bill's origin and makes him a creation of the High Evolutionary like they will with Rocket, some kind of man-horse, I could see that.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Sean Gunn starred as Kraglin in both of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and also played Rocket on set in those and in the latest big screen outings for The Avengers. During the "We Love You 3000" tour for Avengers: Endgame, Gunn was asked about his brother James' work on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and indicated that the threequel could go through some changes. 

"I know, you know...I think my brother may do...he may do another pass, in which case I would read that version," he revealed when asked if he's seen the screenplay. Now, speculation is running rampant that some changes will be made to reflect what happened in Avengers: Endgame, including the fact that the God of Thunder, Thor, has now decided to join the team. 

That seems highly likely, and the Fox/Disney merger may also have an impact on which characters we end up seeing in the movie. 

4 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Excuse the ignorance, moreover the forgetfulness, but what "arc"?  What story was being told ABOUT Rocket?  Did I miss something?  Was it just his relationship with Groot?

it will be a follow-up to Volume 2 so we find out why Rocket wasn't the one able to drop a surprise in Quill's sleeping bag.

(:

12 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Excuse the ignorance, moreover the forgetfulness, but what "arc"?  What story was being told ABOUT Rocket?  Did I miss something?  Was it just his relationship with Groot?

In the first two GOTG movies, particularly the first, Rocket talks about how he was taken apart and put back together again into a little monster (not unlike Nebula). He talks about being the only one of his kind. In GOTG3, we allegedly learn where he really comes from and who made him into what he is now and it's supposed to be part of the main story. Rocket's creator is rumored to be the High Evolutionary and the villain of Volume 3.

James Gunn Breaks Silence on MCU Firing, Says ‘Guardians Vol. 3’ Will Finish Rocket’s Arc

Gunn referred to “Suicide Squad” as “the most fun” he’s had writing a -script since “Dawn of the Dead.” As for what he’s got planned for the next “Guardians of the Galaxy” installment, Gunn said that the main reason he was excited to return to the franchise is because he’s long been determined to finish off Rocket Raccoon’s journey that first started in the 2014 original.

“When you asked me what was saddest for me when I thought it was gone — and anybody at Marvel can tell you — it’s this very strange and attached relationship to Rocket,” Gunn said. “Rocket is me, he really is, even if that sounds narcissistic. Groot is like my dog. I love Groot in a completely different way. I relate to Rocket and I feel compassion for Rocket, but I also feel like his story has not been completed.”

Gunn continued, “He has an arc that started in the first movie, continued into the second and goes through Infinity War and Endgame, and then I was set to really finish that arc in ‘Guardians 3.’ That was a big loss to me — not being able to finish that story — though I was comforted by the fact that they were still planning to use my -script.”

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I guess Rocket's story through the Guardians movies is transforming from a total a-hole pirate bounty hunter into somebody who actually has a heart as he gains a family with the Guardians. I suppose in 3 we'll meet his parents.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess Rocket's story through the Guardians movies is transforming from a total a-hole pirate bounty hunter into somebody who actually has a heart as he gains a family with the Guardians. I suppose in 3 we'll meet his parents.

And his High School Sweetheart.

And that one guy who was a total :censored: and picked on him but is now working at the local Mcdonalds.

lol

Edited by Antpark