GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)

214 posts in this topic

521 posts
22 hours ago, The Brain said:

Has this been posted anywhere??

I think it's a more reliable rumor/leak that the High Evolutionary, Moondragon, Lady Llyra, and Adam Warlock make their debut in GOTG3. I think to add Beta Ray Bill to that mix would overstuff the movie. I know Thor leaves with the Guardians at the end of Endgame, but I think that just may be a way for Thor to get off Earth. I don't think he'll really play a large role in GOTG3, and it makes more sense for Beta Ray Bill to debut in a Thor 4 or Disney Plus show.

80,425 posts

80,425 posts

2,553 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:wishluck::cloud9::wishluck: I just hope they don't kill him off at the end of the film, which has been an issue with the majority of MCU villains.

Edited by chezmtghut

5,449 posts
On 5/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, chezmtghut said:

:wishluck::cloud9::wishluck: I just hope they don't kill him off at the end of the film, which has been an issue with the majority of MCU villains.

That's because most of them suck.

If a good villain, like Zod or Killmonger, gets killed off then it's not a big deal IMO.

9,618 posts
On 5/27/2019 at 2:28 AM, chezmtghut said:

He’ll just disappear at the end of the film.

80,425 posts
43 minutes ago, bane said:

He’ll just disappear at the end of the film.

emotion01.gif.346c230d10ec9716df7a0996e3643dfb.gif

5,449 posts

I gotta say that the "conclusion"(?) to the GotG trilogy is probably at the top of my list for Phase 4*. I hate the lack of gravity/stakes in GotG 2, but I'm hoping that potentially with Thor and Adam and BRB, they can finish it on a high note. I like it when a director has the opportunity to complete their vision (screw you, Warner Bros).

*If they continue rolling out in phases.

521 posts
3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I gotta say that the "conclusion"(?) to the GotG trilogy is probably at the top of my list for Phase 4*. I hate the lack of gravity/stakes in GotG 2, but I'm hoping that potentially with Thor and Adam and BRB, they can finish it on a high note. I like it when a director has the opportunity to complete their vision (screw you, Warner Bros).

*If they continue rolling out in phases.

Here's a prediction. Not really a prediction, though. Thor will factor hardly at all in GOTG Vol 3. I predict they'll drop Thor off somewhere at the beginning of the movie. He's just too much of a distraction to properly wrap up the Guardians story. Volume 3 is supposed to delve further into the stories of Rocket and Drax, while introducing Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and the High Evolutionary, while at the same time, figuring out the mess with Gamora. Chris Hemsworth himself just stated he has no idea where his character (movie-wise) is going after Endgame but wants to continue playing him. I think the next major Thor appearance will be in an actual Thor movie. He's just too big a character to shoehorn into a Guardians movie, and the Guardians don't need him to sell movie tickets.

It would also be a mistake to shoehorn Beta Ray Bill into Guardians. James Gunn set us up for Adam, Moondragon (Drax's daughter), and High Evolutionary (Rocket's creator). That's enough for one movie.

5,449 posts
5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Here's a prediction. Not really a prediction, though. Thor will factor hardly at all in GOTG Vol 3. I predict they'll drop Thor off somewhere at the beginning of the movie. He's just too much of a distraction to properly wrap up the Guardians story. Volume 3 is supposed to delve further into the stories of Rocket and Drax, while introducing Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and the High Evolutionary, while at the same time, figuring out the mess with Gamora. Chris Hemsworth himself just stated he has no idea where his character (movie-wise) is going after Endgame but wants to continue playing him. I think the next major Thor appearance will be in an actual Thor movie. He's just too big a character to shoehorn into a Guardians movie, and the Guardians don't need him to sell movie tickets.

It would also be a mistake to shoehorn Beta Ray Bill into Guardians. James Gunn set us up for Adam, Moondragon (Drax's daughter), and High Evolutionary (Rocket's creator). That's enough for one movie.

I can't say that I would be surprised with your prediction. I think that they kinda need a powerful ally, though. The GotG are a pretty awesome group, but they lack a heavy hitter and it's part of why #2 was awful to me. They took on a Celestial with a half-Celestial who just learned a semblance of his power and a rag-tag group of comedians. It was just so far from tense.

We usually see a new villain in each film, so I would suspect he'd kinda be introduced as such. Maybe switch sides after a bout with Thor and team-up against a common threat.

521 posts
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I can't say that I would be surprised with your prediction. I think that they kinda need a powerful ally, though. The GotG are a pretty awesome group, but they lack a heavy hitter and it's part of why #2 was awful to me. They took on a Celestial with a half-Celestial who just learned a semblance of his power and a rag-tag group of comedians. It was just so far from tense.

We usually see a new villain in each film, so I would suspect he'd kinda be introduced as such. Maybe switch sides after a bout with Thor and team-up against a common threat.

I would think the High Evolutionary and Adam Warlock (both linked in the comic books) would be the villains, with Adam Warlock switching to the good. Maybe if Marvel Studios switches up Beta Ray Bill's origin and makes him a creation of the High Evolutionary like they will with Rocket, some kind of man-horse, I could see that.

Edited by @therealsilvermane