GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
0

223 posts in this topic

29,175 posts

Plus good luck getting Edgar Wright to work with Marvel/Disney again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,421 posts

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is one of the worst MCU movies IMO. I would've liked to have seen him (Gunn) complete the trilogy, for continuity sake, but it seems like they were gonna let him take the reigns for a future Avengers movie and I don't wanna even fathom what that would've been like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348 posts

I'd really rather they left it at 2 GOTG films. Frankly, I think they said all they needed to say with the first one, and I say that as someone who was a huge fan of the 2008 Guardians back when that series was released, years before any movie hype. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,597 posts
1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

If anything, it most probably comes down to why it was done.

Yes, Gunn made some crude jokes. He admitted to that, and never did it again publicly. It was Gunn's removal reasons that rubs people wrong. But it is concerning a topic we are not allowed to go into on the boards to avoid excessive conflict.

I'm sure that's how Marvel feels about the topic regardless of anyone's opinion. Because, like A**holes, everyone has an opinion. People can justify anything from their own perspective, but that doesn't make it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,597 posts
1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Plus good luck getting Edgar Wright to work with Marvel/Disney again

 

I would have liked to see Edgar Wright's take on Ant-Man. They should have focused more on the science than humor. It's what makes Ant-Man such a force to be reckoned with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,597 posts
1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is one of the worst MCU movies IMO. I would've liked to have seen him (Gunn) complete the trilogy, for continuity sake, but it seems like they were gonna let him take the reigns for a future Avengers movie and I don't wanna even fathom what that would've been like...


Every director brings prejudices from their vantage point of the world & we can clearly see that many directors don't take these films as seriously as comic readers would like. On the other end of the spectrum, movie fans may feel some directors take it too seriously stemming from the fact that these stories originated from comic books. People will always find an excuse to criticize.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,421 posts
17 hours ago, chezmtghut said:


Every director brings prejudices from their vantage point of the world & we can clearly see that many directors don't take these films as seriously as comic readers would like. On the other end of the spectrum, movie fans may feel some directors take it too seriously stemming from the fact that these stories originated from comic books. People will always find an excuse to criticize.

I'm not really interested in watching a 2-1/2 hour joke. If I was - I'd see a comedy. GotG had a perfect balance of pretty much everything. GotG Vol. 2, while acting out some very funny jokes, lacked pretty much anything and everything else that made the 1st movie such a surprise hit.

The fact that you think "criticism" and "excuses" are one in the same is highly problematic for any informal discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,597 posts
6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm not really interested in watching a 2-1/2 hour joke. If I was - I'd see a comedy. GotG had a perfect balance of pretty much everything. GotG Vol. 2, while acting out some very funny jokes, lacked pretty much anything and everything else that made the 1st movie such a surprise hit.

The fact that you think "criticism" and "excuses" are one in the same is highly problematic for any informal discussion.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm saying excuses & criticism are the same from that sentence. I said excuse (justification) to criticize (find fault). My comments weren't directed towards you or anyone else in particular, it was a general statement made in response to yours. I can't help if someone takes what I say out of context as an attack on themselves. Sorry if that was your interpretation. I agree with some of what you said, but I like seeing different perspectives & come to my own conclusions. While I do enjoy all of the films, I still think it would be best if they focused more on the science & skill sets of the Superheroes & less on humor.

Edited by chezmtghut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,347 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,347 posts
4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Cue Keanu Reeves, "Whoa!"

emotion01.gif.fb0aec59e781d39868d21119535d6552.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,551 posts

Sort of glad he is getting a chance to continue with the series but a little apprehensive. After a very very mediocre Guardians 2 I was looking forward to someone else taking the reins. The formula is a bit stale at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,530 posts
1 minute ago, RedRaven said:

Sort of glad he is getting a chance to continue with the series but a little apprehensive. After a very very mediocre Guardians 2 I was looking forward to someone else taking the reins. The formula is a bit stale at this point.

This.

I'm glad that Disney reinstated him since I think his firing was an over-reaction in these hyper-sensitive times.

But...

Guardians 2 was the worst MCU film I've seen outside of Thor: The Dark World.

I hope he's got something new up his sleeve for the next chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,347 posts

Classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,347 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0