• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here know David Crawford
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Looking to see if anyone here knows or has dealt with David Crawford.  He was  facebook CGC page moderator/admin..  However, he scammed someone out of $1,300 from a partial trade/book sales.

30 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Link?

As it was his FB group (CGC Comics Club), once the tide was going against him, as an admin, deleted the comments and archived the group. 

The story is continuing on the FB Group: Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Exchanges (closed group, have to join).

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

As it was his FB group (CGC Comics Club), once the tide was going against him, as an admin, deleted the comments and archived the group. 

The story is continuing on the FB Group: Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Exchanges (closed group, have to join).

Thanks, can you give us a synopsis of what's going on?

15 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Thanks, can you give us a synopsis of what's going on?

As the thread was deleted, I don't want to give out half truths or misinformation and the "story" is a bit hard to read on the other FB group from all the back and forth.  

There were accusations about holding onto $ too long/slow to refund, something about selling same book twice, general scamming, etc. 

I have notified the primary complainant so they may end up posting here. 

Edited by Wall-Crawler

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

As the thread was deleted, I don't want to give out half truths or misinformation and the "story" is a bit hard to read on the other FB group from all the back and forth.  

There were accusations about holding onto $ too long/slow to refund, something about selling same book twice, general scamming, etc. My own personal opinion is that on his page, he behaved like a complete tool in many of his interactions.

I have notified the primary complainant so they may end up posting here. 

Thanks

Complainant is on vacation apparently but they wanted me to share what happened when I told them this was making rounds on boards here...This is the email I received, verbatim (all caps and all): 

"OK   DAVID MESSAGE ME IN TEXT IF I WANTED $650.00 IN GRADED BOOKS FOR $300.00

THAN HE SHOWED ME A AVENGERS 1 CGC 2.5 AND A AMAZING 300 RAW VF+. HE SAID TAKE THE AMAZING 300 FOR 120 . THAN HE OFFERED ME ALL THE CGC GRADEDS AND THE AVENGERS 1 FOR $1200.00.  HE SHIPPED ME THE JUNK BUT NOT THE TWO MAIN BOOKS.  HE SAID HIS GIRLFRIEND MAILED IT OUT. MEANWHILE HE DOES ALL HIS LABELS AT HOME ONLINE.   THAN HE SAID IF NOT THERE BY FRIDAY HE WILL REFUND ME. FRIDAY, SATURDAY, MONDAY AND TUESDAY GOES BY. I ASKED FOR TRACKING NUMBER AND HE SAID HIS GIRLFRIEND LOST IT. NOTHING THAN HE BLOCKS ME FROM PHONE AND FACEBOOK. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO NOTIFY PAYPAL. I LOST BECAUSE I DID FRIENDS AND FAMILY. HE SCAMMED ANOTHER PERSON WITH THE SAME AVENGERS.  JUST RECENTLY A MUTUAL FRIEND WAS TRYING TO FIX THE SITUATION. SO DAVID SAID TO SHIP BOOKS TO MUTUAL FRIEND AND HE WOULD REFUND ONCE HE RECEIVED THEM. HE SAID TO LATE, DAMAGE IS DONE. NO REFUND. COME AND COLLECT.

THAT’S THE STORY IN A NUT SHELL. THE JUNK BOOKS HE SENT ME. THERE WAS TWO BOOKS IN THERE THAT HE OWED ME FROM A APRIL DEAL. SO I HELD ONTO THOSE. HE IS A SCAMMER. HE SCREWED UP TO 5-7 PEOPLE WITH THE SAME BOOK".

Complainant also stated they paid via friends and family.

Again, I have no horse in this race but there it is.  If anyone wants more clarification, info, etc., they can ask the complainant via the FB Group Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Exchanges or they can track down David for his side. 

2c

29 minutes ago, wombat said:

Friends and family strikes again. 

I'm no Paypal expert, but is the moral of the story here to never use Friends and Family? I believe I've bought some stuff here on the sale forum and they asked I used Friends and Family (not sure why? Why?) and it turned out fine. 

42 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Complainant is on vacation apparently but they wanted me to share what happened when I told them this was making rounds on boards here...This is the email I received, verbatim (all caps and all): 

"OK   DAVID MESSAGE ME IN TEXT IF I WANTED $650.00 IN GRADED BOOKS FOR $300.00

THAN HE SHOWED ME A AVENGERS 1 CGC 2.5 AND A AMAZING 300 RAW VF+. HE SAID TAKE THE AMAZING 300 FOR 120 . THAN HE OFFERED ME ALL THE CGC GRADEDS AND THE AVENGERS 1 FOR $1200.00.  HE SHIPPED ME THE JUNK BUT NOT THE TWO MAIN BOOKS.  HE SAID HIS GIRLFRIEND MAILED IT OUT. MEANWHILE HE DOES ALL HIS LABELS AT HOME ONLINE.   THAN HE SAID IF NOT THERE BY FRIDAY HE WILL REFUND ME. FRIDAY, SATURDAY, MONDAY AND TUESDAY GOES BY. I ASKED FOR TRACKING NUMBER AND HE SAID HIS GIRLFRIEND LOST IT. NOTHING THAN HE BLOCKS ME FROM PHONE AND FACEBOOK. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO NOTIFY PAYPAL. I LOST BECAUSE I DID FRIENDS AND FAMILY. HE SCAMMED ANOTHER PERSON WITH THE SAME AVENGERS.  JUST RECENTLY A MUTUAL FRIEND WAS TRYING TO FIX THE SITUATION. SO DAVID SAID TO SHIP BOOKS TO MUTUAL FRIEND AND HE WOULD REFUND ONCE HE RECEIVED THEM. HE SAID TO LATE, DAMAGE IS DONE. NO REFUND. COME AND COLLECT.

THAT’S THE STORY IN A NUT SHELL. THE JUNK BOOKS HE SENT ME. THERE WAS TWO BOOKS IN THERE THAT HE OWED ME FROM A APRIL DEAL. SO I HELD ONTO THOSE. HE IS A SCAMMER. HE SCREWED UP TO 5-7 PEOPLE WITH THE SAME BOOK".

Complainant also stated they paid via friends and family.

Again, I have no horse in this race but there it is.  If anyone wants more clarification, info, etc., they can ask the complainant via the FB Group Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Exchanges or they can track down David for his side. 

2c

Yikes

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'm no Paypal expert, but is the moral of the story here to never use Friends and Family? I believe I've bought some stuff here on the sale forum and they asked I used Friends and Family (not sure why? Why?) and it turned out fine. 

You should certainly never use it if you are going to get scammed. 

44 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'm not sure but maybe family and friends via papal doesn't incur fees? Either way I've always used the service's rendered..or in exchange for services .. I think that is the safe one, correct? You can get a refund on that one ??? ? But you have to pay 4% extra to get the correct amount....maybe family and friends doesn't have fees but doesn't get you any protection?

I ask since I'm a noob  when it comes to paypal... I've used it to pay for CGC SS, though I never thought that I could have been doing it wrong :shy:

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

There is a reason it is not allowed on here. If you choose to ignore the rules, the probation list is little consolation when you are out $1200.

The answer to that request should always be no.

If I really want a book but the seller is asking for PayPal friends and family, I normally eat the 3% fee and call it a day! If I get any push back, I know the seller is trying to pull a fast one on me. Too many uncertainties with buying online!

It just blows my mind that some people are dropping a lot of ca$h on books with no recourse...

38 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

There is a reason it is not allowed on here. If you choose to ignore the rules, the probation list is little consolation when you are out $1200.

The answer to that request should always be no.

Copy.