• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I Submit Books to CGC for Reholdering At a Convention?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Yes you can, but they won't guarantee you'll get them back by the end of the show.

Talk to them real nice, like I do in my proper accent, and if they have the time and enough materials left over by the last day, you may get them back.

I had nine done at WW Chi last year.

52 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

You can submit books for reholdering at any show that CGC attends. In general, they won't do the actual reholders on-site at the on-site grading shows, though.

Thank you, sir.

8 hours ago, mschmidt said:

You can submit books for reholdering at any show that CGC attends. In general, they won't do the actual reholders on-site at the on-site grading shows, though.

Has the policy changed? On page 4 of ASK CGC there is a post from 2012 regarding reholdering which states,

"CGC does not accept ReHolder submissions at shows" and

"CGC does not accept ReHolder submissions at on-site grading events"

14 hours ago, mrc said:

Has the policy changed? On page 4 of ASK CGC there is a post from 2012 regarding reholdering which states,

"CGC does not accept ReHolder submissions at shows" and

"CGC does not accept ReHolder submissions at on-site grading events"

Yeah, the policy was changed a couple of years ago.

I did something crazy. I called CGC today and asked them.

A new thread will be started at some point in the future to reveal what they told me.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a thread somewhere that talks about how to submit books to CGC at a con? I'm going to do it for the first time (first time submitting any books) and want to make sure I don't it up. 

Thanks

17 hours ago, wombat said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a thread somewhere that talks about how to submit books to CGC at a con? I'm going to do it for the first time (first time submitting any books) and want to make sure I don't it up. 

Thanks

There's nothing to it - go to the CGC booth, tell them you want to submit some books and they'll take it from there.