• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #395 CGC 8.5 for sale PRICE LOWERED!

7 posts in this topic

I've been on a tear of good luck with some buys lately and need to sell some stuff to fund the purchases. Hate to let this one go as I'd recently upgraded but planned to hang onto this for a few years as the price has yet to catch up with its significance. A hot book that is finally getting the recognition it deserves as the start point for the Bronze Age in Gotham and the beginning of the epic Adams/O'Neil run: Detective 395!

A really nice copy for the grade, super-sharp wrap that runs perfectly along the spine which is tough on this issue and really just some edge wear around the perimeter and on the corners of this sensitive black cover. The spine is crisp and I really only see one or two very minor tics along the edge (non-color breaking). Surprised it got the Ow-W designation as the colors on the front are brilliant (color balance in my photo is a bit off and makes the reds a little orangey, it's much nicer in-hand) and the white word balloons show virtually no indication of aging. I've been very satisfied with this copy and had hoped to hang onto it for many years even with the upgrade as I'm sure this is going to appreciate nicely over the years. With my luck the next Batman movie will be "The Secret of the Waiting Graves". Not sure if it's been pressed or not as I'm not the original submitter, so just assume it has or turned a blind eye. Sorry for the garbage pic of the back, didn't take any back photos when I photographed my collection so just wanted to get something up for adequate representation. 

Detective 395 CGC 8.5 OW-White Pages, New case with inner well..... $250  $200

Detective395_front.thumb.jpg.56295e9f3d1eb38793acf20390e327df.jpgDetective395_back.thumb.jpg.9c0fe0b1c188d0b5039e1451c9becb88.jpg

Shipping is $12 via USPS Priority in the US (UPS Ground available as well if you prefer). 

First person to claim in-thread wins and trumps any ongoing PM negotiations.

No Hall of Shame or Probation List, but you guys should be used to getting shut down by now so no biggie.

Payment by paypal is preferred (no friends and family/gifts), but I can take a check or money order if you're old school.

No returns on CGC books, package will be insured in case of damage in transit.

I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998 as "qburt" with over 1500 positives in that time

Have at it! (thumbsu

Edited by Martin Sinescu

8 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I've been on a tear of good luck with some buys lately and need to sell some stuff to fund the purchases. Hate to let this one go as I'd recently upgraded but planned to hang onto this for a few years as the price has yet to catch up with its significance. A hot book that is finally getting the recognition it deserves as the start point for the Bronze Age in Gotham and the beginning of the epic Adams/O'Neil run: Detective 395!

A really nice copy for the grade, super-sharp wrap that runs perfectly along the spine which is tough on this issue and really just some edge wear around the perimeter and on the corners of this sensitive black cover. The spine is crisp and I really only see one or two very minor tics along the edge (non-color breaking). Surprised it got the Ow-W designation as the colors on the front are brilliant (color balance in my photo is a bit off and makes the reds a little orangey, it's much nicer in-hand) and the white word balloons show virtually no indication of aging. I've been very satisfied with this copy and had hoped to hang onto it for many years even with the upgrade as I'm sure this is going to appreciate nicely over the years. With my luck the next Batman movie will be "The Secret of the Waiting Graves". Not sure if it's been pressed or not as I'm not the original submitter, so just assume it has or turned a blind eye. Sorry for the garbage pic of the back, didn't take any back photos when I photographed my collection so just wanted to get something up for adequate representation. 

Detective 395 CGC 8.5 OW-White Pages, New case with inner well..... $250

Detective395_front.thumb.jpg.56295e9f3d1eb38793acf20390e327df.jpgDetective395_back.thumb.jpg.9c0fe0b1c188d0b5039e1451c9becb88.jpg

Shipping is $12 via USPS Priority in the US (UPS Ground available as well if you prefer). 

First person to claim in-thread wins and trumps any ongoing PM negotiations.

No Hall of Shame or Probation List, but you guys should be used to getting shut down by now so no biggie.

Payment by paypal is preferred (no friends and family/gifts), but I can take a check or money order if you're old school.

No returns on CGC books, package will be insured in case of damage in transit.

I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998 as "qburt" with over 1500 positives in that time

Nice copy, Martin!  Hope it sells quickly for you. 

8 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I've got some wiggle room on this guy, so let's drop the price.... now $200 + shipping!

This is a great deal for someone Martin! There is another 8.5  for sale I have seen on another auction site for $320 and my personal opinion is that your copy is much nicer looking! Good luck!

On 8/5/2017 at 10:54 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

as I'm sure this is going to appreciate nicely over the years. With my luck the next Batman movie will be "The Secret of the Waiting Graves". Not sure if it's been pressed or not as I'm not the original submitter, so just assume it has or turned a blind eye. Sorry for the garbage pic of the back, didn't take any back photos when I photographed my collection so just wanted to get something up for adequate representation. 

Detective 395 CGC 8.5 OW-White Pages, New case with inner well..... $250  $200

Great book.  Surprised this hasn't sold yet.   You don't see a lot of copies 8.0 and above. GLWTS.