• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15: Need some help

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

A buddy of mine picked up this book a couple years ago and is just getting ready to sell it. 

Here's the info that he has provided:  

-Missing top staple, has (3) extra staples added

-Centerfold is detached 

-It's got tape along the spine (obviously lol)

Sure looks like it could use a press, IMO. He's wondering how the added staples and tape on the spine will affect the grade/label. I thought I would see what a few other people have to say before I give him any solid advice. 

Thanks in advance! 

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

IMG_8143.JPG

IMG_8144.JPG

Edited by AL Comics

Yep. It certainly looks like a nice low-grader at a glance, but guessing 1.5 give or take depending on what CGC decides about the spine structure.

I hate to say this, but the edges definitely look trimmed to me. :wishluck:

I would carefully remove those extra staples.  I personally hate extra notations on the label like "3 staples added, non manufacturing".  Those staples don't allow you to fully open the book.  You probably can't fully open it at the CF, right?

It's a pricey enough book that you may want a pro to look at it.

great find even though it's low grade!

Even at 1.5 that book would sell for several thousand dollars based on what I've seen in the past. I'd have it graded as other members have suggested then you'll have a better idea of the value of the book.