• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can I see the grader's notes for my slabbed books?

9 posts in this topic

I just got my first few books back from CGC and they came back with different grades than I expected. I was wondering how I can get copies of the grader's notes to possibly help me understand why the books were given those particular grades? Thanks!

• Administrator

We ask that you call, preferably with the books in front of you, and speak with one of our graders in order to get their notes on the books. Unfortunately, I cannot send graders notes through e-mail, but the graders notes are on file for anyone to reference so if the book is sold the buyer can get them as well. We do ask that you limit your request to three books per day.

Is there a charge for getting the grader's notes?

Why don't you just routinely send a copy of the grader's notes with the encapsulated books?

What is the reason you can't send the notes through e-mail?

Why is it necessary to speak with the grader if you have the notes "on file"?

• Administrator

There is no charge for getting graders notes. We prefer that you call for the notes so that you may speak with a grader and they can explain their grading rationale to you.

• Administrator

Grader's notes are now available online on the CGC website. Use the Certification Verification tool at the bottom of the CGC homepage to access the Graders Notes area online. (There is a fee for this service and notes are no longer available by phone)

Why do I get graders notes on some comics graded 9.6 and not on others?

Does it depend on who the grader is?

Do some graders feel it is not necessary to provide notes for a 9.6 book?

Shouldn't there be a standard in place that all books graded 9.6 and lower to have graders notes?

It depends...

On most Modern (I can't speak for vintage) we won't do notes for a 9.6. It's just not cost effective on books of lower value. Higher end tiers will most likely have them.

For Moderns we normally only put a note(s) in for a 9.6 if the defect is tough to see through our holder. If it's a visible defect, we'd leave it empty.

Note taking can be a time consuming task. Since we made them accessible to the consumer, we try and be as descriptive as possible, but can't make that a priority all of the time - it's the grading they pay for.