• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE elusive Dark Knight Returns #1 4th printing
3 3

104 posts in this topic

I just saw a fourth print of the DKR, 1986, issue 1 for sale for 1000.  The condition looked like a strict "7" to me.  I can't find any information on if reprints are collectable or not, and if so, what is the price range for this book?  Seems like the ultimate DKR book to own?  There is one on eBay for 2k in 9.0 condition. Thanks,

Nate

6 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Are you telling me that a DKR 4th print is that expensive?

I would rather buy a silver\ bronze age key for that kind of dough.

That's what I've seen on eBay, $2,000 for a 9.0   I just got back into collecting a year ago, I don't remember rarity in reprints but I guess it's changing??

12 minutes ago, NCAmother said:

That's what I've seen on eBay, $2,000 for a 9.0   I just got back into collecting a year ago, I don't remember rarity in reprints but I guess it's changing??

Watch out for snake oil salesmen. Rarity doesn't always go hand in hand with the sticker price. What I mean is they can ask whatever they want, but is someone going to buy at that price. ?

I guarantee you that if you really want a DKR #1 4th print, and take the time to dig through long boxes, you'll find one for less than 20.00. It may take you years, but it's the thrill of the chase right?

I personally would never pay that kind of price for such a book, but collectors are an odd breed, right!

Wasn't there a guy on here a month or two ago pumping this book? Are there any actual completed sales that would give an actual idea of relative value?

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There wasn't a 4th print.

There was a 4th print, it says 4th print on the inside followed by 'made in china"  You can even check the cgc registry.  I am curious about this printing as I have no idea if it's super scarce or not, etc.

4 hours ago, NCAmother said:

There was a 4th print, it says 4th print on the inside followed by 'made in china"  You can even check the cgc registry.  I am curious about this printing as I have no idea if it's super scarce or not, etc.

Yes, see above. Made in China leaves some suspicious conditions.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Why? The first print was made in Canada.