• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Signature Auctions August 2017
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Looking threw the golden age books the book that caught my eyes was Catman Comics #20 CGC 5.5 it has a very cool WW2 cover!!

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/catman-comics-20-holyoke-continental-1943-cgc-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7166-91054.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Any books you guys like in that auction?

Edited by SC22

4 hours ago, piper said:

Lots. I'll keep my watch list to my self until my bids are blown out of the water! lol

You mean some of those bids that are already at or around 10X condition guide still haven't blown you out of the water yet?  :D

19 minutes ago, tth2 said:

It's so quaint how you still refer to "guide".  I'm a dinosaur and even I don't do that anymore. :baiting:

I guess that's why you win all of the big headline grabbing books and I end up winning only the ones which I can find by scraping the bottom of the barrel.  lol

4 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Not much talk about this auction. 

Check the other thread I just bumped ("A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block")

Plenty of talk. This thread is a dud.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Check the other thread I just bumped ("A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block")

Plenty of talk. This thread is a dud.

No need to be negative people will chat where they want....be it here or in ''your'' topic.

Edited by SC22

3 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

All Star 8 in 4.0 went for $54k. Last sale in GPA was for $73,500 two months ago! Yikes!

Want to talk maga-moolah -  just wait for it to signed/SS by Gal Gadot and Stan Lee.  And for a trifecta, add Lynda Carter :x

Edited by telerites

2 hours ago, PreHero said:

I enjoyed it.  For the first time in a couple yrs, had a couple books I was actually going to bid on.

Did you end up winning them in the end?  :wishluck:

And if so, what were they...........maybe one of them being a New Adventure 26?  hm

Certainly not much chatter :blahblah:  :blahblah: about the Heritage Auction on this go round.

So, apart from the Centaurs and the Magik Woo Spidey's, it looks like this particular auction was pretty much of a big yawner in comparison to the more "once in a lifetime" Jon berk auction from a couple of months ago. 

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Certainly not much chatter :blahblah:  :blahblah: about the Heritage Auction on this go round.

So, apart from the Centaurs and the Magik Woo Spidey's, it looks like this particular auction was pretty much of a big yawner in comparison to the more "once in a lifetime" Jon berk auction from a couple of months ago. 

Thought the spideys really struggled once you got out of the single digit issues. 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Thought the spideys really struggled once you got out of the single digit issues. 

Since I really know nothing about current valuation for any SA books except possibly for AF 15, I'll just take your word for it.  (thumbsu

What's your opinion on the final price for the 9.8 copy of ASM 14 since I know that Magik had been talking about that copy for the past couple of years, and almost as much as his copy of Suspense 3.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Since I really know nothing about current valuation for any SA books except possibly for AF 15, I'll just take your word for it.  (thumbsu

What's your opinion on the final price for the 9.8 copy of ASM 14 since I know that Magik had been talking about that copy for the past couple of years, and almost as much as his copy of Suspense 3.  hm

Last cgc 9.8 copy sold about 55k a few years ago. 72k today is reasonable