• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Signature Auctions August 2017
2 2

27 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Certainly not much chatter :blahblah:  :blahblah: about the Heritage Auction on this go round.

For silver age fans, no super nice af15 on this heritage auction

But isn't the SA market so much more than just one book, even if that one book is the amazing and mighty AF 15.  :baiting:  lol

21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did you end up winning them in the end?  :wishluck:

And if so, what were they...........maybe one of them being a New Adventure 26?  hm

I did!  Both were Centaurs that I was able to pick up for what I thought were reasonable prices (if prices are reasonable for Centaurs any more); AMF #21 and KDF V2#5.  For me, it was a great auction!

As much as I enjoyed the selection in the CC JB auction, was nice to finish my bidding in 10 minutes vs 5 days (and many losses).

No NA #26 this time.  Don't collect pre-hero DCs like I used to.  Used to have a NA #26.  There's other NAs that I'd rather have over another 26.

10 hours ago, PreHero said:
On 8/12/2017 at 1:28 AM, lou_fine said:

Did you end up winning them in the end?  :wishluck:

And if so, what were they...........maybe one of them being a New Adventure 26?  hm

I did!  Both were Centaurs that I was able to pick up for what I thought were reasonable prices (if prices are reasonable for Centaurs any more); AMF #21 and KDF V2#5.  For me, it was a great auction!

Glad to hear that you managed to pick up a couple of nice books in this auction.  (thumbsu

As for myself, I was shut out of this one, but I didn't really go hard after any of the earlier AMF Centaurs which I could have and I definitely could have taken a much harder run at the AMF 23, but wasn't really in the mood to that day.  :frown:

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Glad to hear that you managed to pick up a couple of nice books in this auction.  (thumbsu

As for myself, I was shut out of this one, but I didn't really go hard after any of the earlier AMF Centaurs which I could have and I definitely could have taken a much harder run at the AMF 23, but wasn't really in the mood to that day.  :frown:

I almost skipped it too - hangover from CC JB auction "rush" and the damage it did to the pocketbook.  But these were in my top three "must-win" from the JB auction, which I lost.  Turned out for the better cost-wise!  :banana:

I thought this was one of the better Centaur selections at HA in a few yrs.  After the JB auction, this just didn't register as having some really rare Centaurs in high grade.  I'm just as happy with these wins, if not more so, than I was with my JB wins.  :shy:

Edited by PreHero
em