• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 5

272 posts in this topic

Wow. I'm quite suprised it graded so low. I said 5.0, but I was a bit skeptical that I would be correct. If I were to give it my actual grade I'd give it a 5.0. After having said my grade I thought certain that with CGC's leniency towards GA books would have probably brought it to a 6.0.

I was pretty confident the book was below a 6.0...just could not figure out where....a little too nice for a plain VG, not nice enough for a 5.5....the back cover really is ragged on this book and should have kept it out of a 5.0 IMHO....I guess if you like eye candy, it's nicer confused-smiley-013.gif

I was way off. I'm not a golden age collector so therefore didn't realize you could whip you [#@$%!!!] all over the back cover and still get a mid grade. IThe poo pedigree? Oh well, all I managed to do was look dumb. I could have not submited anything at all and get the same grade without the shame...

The following guessed 7.0 and receive 0 Points

1 SterlingComics

2 Uclapeterg

3 Jimm94

Boys what's going on here? poke2.gif

I hear ya - a 7.0 from three notorious UNDERgraders! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifcrazy.gif

Note to self - do not buy GA books from these guys. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

GA is not my bag...and it shows 27_laughing.gif

3 straight!!!! acclaim.gif

That official CGC dartboard is really starting to pay off!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

I need one of those! poke2.gif