• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mister Miracle - 12 issue limited

26 posts in this topic

Anyone else pick up Mister Miracle #1 yesterday? I heard about the book from a comics podcast I've gotten into (Comics Conspiracy), which came highly recommended. Tom King writing.

Very interesting book, I enjoyed it a lot, and I didn't have much background on Kirby's Mister Miracle (have since read up on it).

Spoilers from the book in the articles below, but the CBR one especially has some good commentary:

http://www.cbr.com/mister-miracle-tom-king-mitch-gerads/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/09/mister-miracle-1-darkseid-ptsd-depression-ever-present-cage/

Was able to call this morning and get my LCS put a couple aside for me until I get off work.

I was going to go grab it yesterday for the heck of it, not knowing what to expect, but had to work late. Then at 9pm last night I see all these reviews about the "best comic book of 2017" and MyComicShop.com was 'sold out' already. MCS has some now but they jacked the price up.

I will read it tonight and come back with my take, I have avoided spoilers past the first couple of pages.

Is 70k extremely low? I managed to snatch up several copies too by going to a handful of shops.

What a fantastic read, I have no prior knowledge of Mister Miracle but by the end of the first book I cared about him, was intrigued by what was going on with him and left with excitement for the action to come!

7 hours ago, CaptaenRon said:

Is 70k extremely low? I managed to snatch up several copies too by going to a handful of shops.

What a fantastic read, I have no prior knowledge of Mister Miracle but by the end of the first book I cared about him, was intrigued by what was going on with him and left with excitement for the action to come!

70K sounds extremely high to me for a third- or fourth-tier DC character in a non-event mini-series these days. Anyone got proof/evidence/confirmation of the actual number?

Extremely impressive first issue. 

One of my favourite Modern comic writers.  Nice artwork.

I hope it ends up being the DC equivalent to his brilliant Vision series.

Edited by Ken Aldred

16 hours ago, Stephen H said:

I haven't read it yet, but picked up quite a few. Will hopefully read it tonight. I think the print run was 70k and its selling like crazy on the secondary market.

How did you find the print run? 

Copies are selling for $10-20 on eBay because it's sold out at many places. 

Great read BTW, best single first issue in all of Rebirth for a new title. Very promising. 

26 minutes ago, Couchy81 said:

Copies are selling for $10-20 on eBay because it's sold out at many places. 

I see some that are being sold by an LCS that are "Straight out of the Diamonds Distributors box."  Each LCS might have different circumstances, but I find it a little sleazy to be selling books less than 2 days old on eBay.  If my LCS happened to not have any on shelves and then I saw the book marked up on eBay, i'd definitely be upset.

13 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I see some that are being sold by an LCS that are "Straight out of the Diamonds Distributors box."  Each LCS might have different circumstances, but I find it a little sleazy to be selling books less than 2 days old on eBay.  If my LCS happened to not have any on shelves and then I saw the book marked up on eBay, i'd definitely be upset.

I've had a worse experience when a store owner charged me $10 for a book I requested he order from Diamond backstock because it matched the ebay price. 

I've taken to religiously securing my copies through pre-orders this past year so I never have to deal with secondary market shenanigans. 

Edited by Couchy81

I have a couple copies from DCBS cvr. A on pre-order.  I had like 5 copies of this book in the till, and pulled it back to 2 because I thought I'd be the only person who would care about this book.  I looked around the interwebs and every single online retailer I've been to is sold out.  

10 hours ago, Couchy81 said:

I've had a worse experience when a store owner charged me $10 for a book I requested he order from Diamond backstock because it matched the ebay price. 

I've taken to religiously securing my copies through pre-orders this past year so I never have to deal with secondary market shenanigans. 

Same. And hey, DCBS had Cover A for just $1.99 (albeit limited to 2 or 3 copies at that price iirc, 40% discount on more).

I only get reader/beater copies via my LCS since they're around 9.2-9.4 on average. DCBS usually has books in better condition.

Edited by aerischan

10 hours ago, aerischan said:

Same. And hey, DCBS had Cover A for just $1.99 (albeit limited to 2 or 3 copies at that price iirc, 40% discount on more).

I only get reader/beater copies via my LCS since they're around 9.2-9.4 on average. DCBS usually has books in better condition.

Hmm I've never tried an online service. My lcs generally has my books in nice condition, it's a small single owner shop and he's pretty careful handling his stock.

Didn't know about this being a thing until I was looking at it Wednesday morning. Seeing that King wrote it and the cool looking (and upon further glance, pretty gruesome) B cover, I decided to pick up the B. The next day I find out a set of A and B had sold for $40... started calling the stores in town, all had sold out Wednesday, except for the store where I got mine, having put what they had left up on eBay. Finally managed to snag an A cover from what is probably the least visited comic shop in the area, which was the last they had of  15 (!!!) this small shop had ordered... they had sold out of all but that one on day one. Don't know how this will hold up in price, but I think we may have a pretty important comic on our hands here, creatively.