• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Blind Box blank covers - perhaps not so rare?

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone else started to question whether or not Image was not completely honest with how rare the blank covers were in the blind box? Or perhaps they misstated it? According to the information they gave, there should have only been 50 blank covers for each series. But looking on whats available and whats been sold on Ebay, you'd think nearly all of the ones made were on Ebay and no one was actually keeping any. Is this feasible? For example, I was looking at Extremity the other day, and I think I counted between 30 and 40 that were either available or recently sold on Ebay

I'm sure a lot of the people purchasing these were doing so for spec purposes. Those who lucked out and got the blank covers threw the hot potato on eBay. Aside from the ones strictly for PCs, nobody wants to get stuck holding these, which is why many have hit eBay and will continue to do so.

Edited by awakeintheashes

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm sure a lot of the people purchasing these were doing so for spec purposes. Those who lucked out and got the blank covers threw the hot potato on eBay. Aside from the ones strictly for PCs, nobody wants to get stuck holding these, which is why many have hit eBay and will continue to do so.

Thats probably pretty true. I noticed the virgin art covers, even the color ones, aren't popping up very often. Must be far more sought after. I just would have thought that at least for a few of the more popular and collected series, the blanks would have been more highly coveted. 

I guess this would make sense as to why mine haven't sold... :/

Just trying to recup some funds. Kept the ones I wanted though.

Think they'd make great additions if folks would opt to get sketches on them. 

Edited by rogue14
Extra

22 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I guess this would make sense as to why mine haven't sold... :/

Just trying to recup some funds. Kept the ones I wanted though.

Think they'd make great additions if folks would opt to get sketches on them. 

They usually sell. Just not as quickly as you'd like. 

2 hours ago, Nicodimas1 said:

I totally agree that image lied on these rarities:

on my first box I had 4 originals... 9 virgins too.

On my second box I had 13 blanks !

totally agree these numbers appear wrong.

Yeah, in my box I got 13 blanks and 12 regulars. 

I think the way they distributed them in boxes was similar to not shuffling a deck of cards after completing a successful game of solitaire and then playing poker.

Overall, I believe the numbers are pretty accurate minus the typical overprints for creators(i.e., the Negans graded months before boxes were released).

Edited by I like pie

9 hours ago, I like pie said:

I think the way they distributed them in boxes was similar to not shuffling a deck of cards after completing a successful game of solitaire and then playing poker.

Overall, I believe the numbers are pretty accurate minus the typical overprints for creators(i.e., the Negans graded months before boxes were released).

Snap!!