• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Preview 2
3 3

33 posts in this topic

imo magazines and comics seem to be graded "differently" in criteria severity, if that makes since, but in comicdom I'd give this an 8.0 and I don't know how a magazine would grade "differently" as to the severity of that one corner and a couple of blunted corners.....

not really any spine ticks, seems to lie flat, no creases or bends, but a 9.4? I wouldn't think so....

Off-white pages?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

imo magazines and comics seem to be graded "differently" in criteria severity, if that makes since, but in comicdom I'd give this an 8.0 and I don't know how a magazine would grade "differently" as to the severity of that one corner and a couple of blunted corners.....

not really any spine ticks, seems to lie flat, no creases or bends, but a 9.4? I wouldn't think so....

Off-white pages?

Yea it lies nice and flat, real glossy. They did not post pics of the pages on the listing so I took a shot with that. They all look off white to me. 

I guess I am a wee bit disappointed...been holding out for a high grade copy for a long time and didn't want to buy one already slabbed. Half the time I take a shot with eBay for raw high grade I end up disappointed. BUT it is a nice book in general and no use pouting about it I guess! 

7 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Yea it lies nice and flat, real glossy. They did not post pics of the pages on the listing so I took a shot with that. They all look off white to me. 

I guess I am a wee bit disappointed...been holding out for a high grade copy for a long time and didn't want to buy one already slabbed. Half the time I take a shot with eBay for raw high grade I end up disappointed. BUT it is a nice book in general and no use pouting about it I guess! 

Like I said, I'm not too sure about Magazines though, I think the issues are looked at differently.... but I sent in a Marvel Preview 2 to be signed at SDCC by Len Wein and Gerry Conway... :wishluck: so I feel you, it's a great book, but I didn't buy graded either. I did a long time ago and overpaid for a 7.5, my point is that you can get burnt both ways lol 

My raw I bought for $85... it was a decent copy, I was looking for one in early March late February and $85 was the going price...for a "decent" copy.... I haven't been looking since, too busy holding my breath for the SS...

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Like I said, I'm not too sure about Magazines though, I think the issues are looked at differently.... but I sent in a Marvel Preview 2 to be signed at SDCC by Len Wein and Gerry Conway... :wishluck: so I feel you, it's a great book, but I didn't buy graded either. I did a long time ago and overpaid for a 7.5, my point is that you can get burnt both ways lol 

My raw I bought for $85... it was a decent copy, I was looking for one in early March late February and $85 was the going price...for a "decent" copy.... I haven't been looking since, too busy holding my breath for the SS...

Wow that'd be a great piece with those sigs. Good luck to ya. I was trying to find the nicest copy for $100 or less. Shelled out $140 in auction for this copy...meh...I was having a bad night at work so I was in "F*** it" mode lol

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

yeah i think CGC grades easier on magazines than comics ,....of course i think they are charging #35.00 each per mag to be graded so that might be why , yours looks 7.5 ish......

7.5??? Nooo :tonofbricks:

thanks for the input sir, might have to look at more graded mags for examples

I don't know what these guys are seeing, but to me the book looks every bit a 9.4.

I can tell you from experience that collecting high grade magazines is a hell of a lot harder to obtain than any regular format comic book. 

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I don't know what these guys are seeing, but to me the book looks every bit a 9.4.

I can tell you from experience that collecting high grade magazines is a hell of a lot harder to obtain than any regular format comic book. 

Thanks, that's very reassuring coming from you. I didn't want to doubt Sparkle City too much since they have a good reputation for grading from what I've seen. The bottom spine ding and the not so white back cover had me concerned.

8 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Thanks, that's very reassuring coming from you. I didn't want to doubt Sparkle City too much since they have a good reputation for grading from what I've seen. The bottom spine ding and the not so white back cover had me concerned.

The book has beautiful cover gloss . I've never bought anything from Sparkle City, but I've heard that they are very good at grading their books. Hence why they get very high sale prices.

Edited by oakman29

Thank you @oakman29 I thought about tagging you earlier but glad to hear a 9.4 :)

I tried to clarify magazine's are a different breed, and due to your experience in mags and success in the grading comp.... I trust your assessment ^^