• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL show us your PG/NG INCOMPLETE CGC pages thread!
3 3

86 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Hmmm, that begs the question.. Couldn't you have that Cap 1 interior and cover married? Great books!

Thanks!

I thought about it sending them in just to see the grade, but for now I'm enjoying being able to look at the interior and sig which I would give up once combined into a green label qualified slab.  

I am curious what the grade would be though, I'm guessing a 2.0 or higher, but not more than a 4.0 since detached cover.   Plus, grading these big keys can be a lot.. so I'd rather use those funds for another nice comic.

57 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

My one and only coverless book!  I don’t mind given it’s from freakin’ 1939. A personal favorite.

2545FCF7-67CF-44CD-B0E4-CE2150CA4E2A.jpeg.9702c0e89cb5d65bb8a22268e63632fa.jpeg

Awesome book and I love how you crossed out the cbcs label lol 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:33 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I used to collect cows too. I packed them in or divorced them once it became clear though. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, it was either that or an udder pun. 

Good thing you didn't gently blow across the nostrils of any of the cows in your collection or they would have followed you forever.   :gossip:

Batman is my favorite character of all-time. I’ll probably never own a Batman #1 in any grade, but I am really excited to have this in my collection. It’s a cool little piece of history (to me) and features Batman in most of the panels. I’ve never owned a single page before, but if I am going to add one to my comic collection, it’s going to be from a book of historical significance:

49928358-5D17-4C66-A131-FEFFC6164F88.jpeg

DA425717-1F52-45D0-B818-44D0DA097019.jpeg

C341929C-C12C-4595-B20B-3CF7D2FAB6D1.jpeg

B21A9880-5123-45E3-9C32-0A9032D59B18.jpeg

18 minutes ago, RogueRunner said:

Batman is my favorite character of all-time. I’ll probably never own a Batman #1 in any grade, but I am really excited to have this in my collection. It’s a cool little piece of history (to me) and features Batman in most of the panels. I’ve never owned a single page before, but if I am going to add one to my comic collection, it’s going to be from a book of historical significance:

49928358-5D17-4C66-A131-FEFFC6164F88.jpeg

DA425717-1F52-45D0-B818-44D0DA097019.jpeg

C341929C-C12C-4595-B20B-3CF7D2FAB6D1.jpeg

I think it is cool (thumbsu

Awesome! Plus you can read it? :shy:

and it's a complete thought if that makes sense :foryou:

18 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

It is a cool page no doubt---- but after looking at it......

quick question-- how exactly is the Bat plane propelled?

clearly no prop and I don't see any sort of jet propulsion. It also appears to just take off from a standstill.

Damn, this is gonna keep me up at night lol

still waiting for Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson to return my emails lol 

Edited by RogueRunner

On 1/7/2018 at 11:13 PM, exitmusicblue said:

My one and only coverless book!  I don’t mind given it’s from freakin’ 1939. A personal favorite.

2545FCF7-67CF-44CD-B0E4-CE2150CA4E2A.jpeg.9702c0e89cb5d65bb8a22268e63632fa.jpeg

Did you do the crossover special? :foryou:

We're talking $10 cost to grade if'n it comes back lower grade! hm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Good point.

CGC have set a precedent by grading single pages. Would they grade half a page? A key first appearance panel?

A Marvel Value Stamp?

hm

A single panel from a page would look ridiculous inside a CGC slab! The back of it may be something like half a panel or half an advert. It would have no aesthetic appeal. At least a page would encompass the slab

5 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:
On 8/11/2017 at 3:19 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Good point.

CGC have set a precedent by grading single pages. Would they grade half a page? A key first appearance panel?

A Marvel Value Stamp?

hm

A single panel from a page would look ridiculous inside a CGC slab! The back of it may be something like half a panel or half an advert. It would have no aesthetic appeal. At least a page would encompass the slab

Blimey, where did you dig that post up from! :bigsmile:

Less than a page size has been graded before - some examples in this old thread I dug up, having been reminded of it by your post. I don't think I ever saw an answer to the question as it goes...