• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's your favorite Kirby inker and why?

23 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, comick1 said:

Sinnott gets my vote as the classic Kirby inker, but my fav is the one time (of 2 ever????) that John Severin inked Kirby in Yellow Claw #4. It's one of my favorite Kirbys AND it's one of my favorite Sevs. Totally exquisite. Wish that matchup happened more.

Here's a link with a few samples. The Yellow Claws/Black Knights are not difficult to find in Marvel Essentials reprint form. Here's a link to a few interior examples:

http://fourcolorshadows.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-yellow-claw-jack-kirbyjohn-severin.html

...... a match made in heaven..... two other Kirby inkers that I didn't mention due to such a small sample group were Al Williamson (Race For The Moon) and Wally Wood (Challengers of the Unknown.... fantastic results :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:
11 hours ago, comick1 said:

Sinnott gets my vote as the classic Kirby inker, but my fav is the one time (of 2 ever????) that John Severin inked Kirby in Yellow Claw #4. It's one of my favorite Kirbys AND it's one of my favorite Sevs. Totally exquisite. Wish that matchup happened more.

Here's a link with a few samples. The Yellow Claws/Black Knights are not difficult to find in Marvel Essentials reprint form. Here's a link to a few interior examples:

http://fourcolorshadows.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-yellow-claw-jack-kirbyjohn-severin.html

...... a match made in heaven..... two other Kirby inkers that I didn't mention due to such a small sample group were Al Williamson (Race For The Moon) and Wally Wood (Challengers of the Unknown.... fantastic results :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, that Yellow Claw #4 is one of my all time favorites. Looking at those pages gives me tons of pleasure.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:55 AM, Pontoon said:

Romita? He only inked about a dozen pages of Kirby, pretty much all covers and a lot of those were just partial. I'm not disagreeing that they look nice, but I don't consider him a Kirby Inker.

The cover of Cap #193 alone gets my vote - so iconic.