• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a pressable defect?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

With enough heat and humidity a press will turn any book into a 9.8, no problemo. Seriously, I can't make out anything from your pics. Question for you, is it worth the expense of a press and regrade for this book ?

3 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

With enough heat and humidity a press will turn any book into a 9.8, no problemo. Seriously, I can't make out anything from your pics. Question for you, is it worth the expense of a press and regrade for this book ?

I went ahead and updated the pictures. 

To me, a regrade and press for peace of mind. I'm sure I'll get over it in a week like I always do xD

Maybe on the indentation but the second 'boxed' flaw looks color breaking.  I suspect the indentation was okay with CGC but the color break lowered it to 9.6 .

My answer would be No, a press will not get you a 9.8 but I will defer to the opinions of others.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Maybe on the indentation but the second 'boxed' flaw looks color breaking.  I suspect the indentation was okay with CGC but the color break lowered it to 9.6 .

My answer would be No, a press will not get you a 9.8 but I will defer to the opinions of others.

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Will a press work on a graded book?  I'd think the ink would react poorly to the heat and definitely to heat/humidity.

I was thinking this. 

The signature seals the deal. Whether or not those can be pressed seems moot to me in that the press would ruin the sig.

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

SS books get pressed ALL the time.  I'm sure it would be a problem for the cadre of amateurs and "learn as you go" dry mount warriors, but it is no problem for people who know what they are doing.

Exactly. 

Well that's good news. Congrats. FYI I think that small dent could have been pressed out but clearly it wasn't necessary. I've gotten out dents like that by using a hard eraser to pound it out (no rubbing) from the inside cover prior to pressing. That technique also works on trace lines. Helped me to get some cartoony trace dents out of an X-men 4 once.