• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a pressable defect?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Well that's good news. Congrats. FYI I think that small dent could have been pressed out but clearly it wasn't necessary. I've gotten out dents like that by using a hard eraser to pound it out (no rubbing) from the inside cover prior to pressing. That technique also works on trace lines. Helped me to get some cartoony trace dents out of an X-men 4 once.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, CKinTO said:

Wait, just to clarify, you added the Sinnott sig and got it pressed at CCS in the process, right? Nice book, good one to have for the personal collection! 

Yes sir! Definitely under valued book.

I think some people are misunderstanding. CCS is the in-house pressing and restoration service of CGC. When Ovrclck says he got a signature and sent it to CCS, that suggests that book was pressed. 

Nice book. Hey Ovrclck, you a computer enthusiast too? Into overclocking? 

20 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

Thanks! 

Yes sir! Definitely under valued book.

On 12/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, serling1978 said:

I take it you didn't get it pressed?

Count me in the camp that is confused. First you said you did not get it pressed but you sent it to CCS. Now you say it did get pressed. If you did get it pressed did the dent come out ? What about that color breaking crease. I suspect this book was a 'tweener' that on one submission got a 9.6 and next time got a 9.8 and pressing didn't matter. 

On 12/23/2017 at 9:35 PM, Tony S said:

I think some people are misunderstanding. CCS is the in-house pressing and restoration service of CGC. When Ovrclck says he got a signature and sent it to CCS, that suggests that book was pressed. 

Nice book. Hey Ovrclck, you a computer enthusiast too? Into overclocking? 

Yes sir! 4790k oc'd to 4.8

IMG_2427_1.thumb.jpg.9b8e2e68cd83ade7eba85efd00bcea7f.jpg

900x900px-LL-5e9c1467_IMG_2418.thumb.jpeg.9ece84ce9dc131a0c0f2aacbe0ebeb64.jpeg

13 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

On 12/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, serling1978 said:

I take it you didn't get it pressed?

Count me in the camp that is confused. First you said you did not get it pressed but you sent it to CCS. Now you say it did get pressed. If you did get it pressed did the dent come out ? What about that color breaking crease. I suspect this book was a 'tweener' that on one submission got a 9.6 and next time got a 9.8 and pressing didn't matter. 

When I got the Stan sig, I did not press the book thinking it was 9.8 potential. 

The second time around I did have CCS press. The dent and crease were removed , no color breaks.  Yippee! 

Edited by Ovrclck