• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playboy Reprint Differences and Questions

12 posts in this topic

New here and looking for some help. I thought I knew alot about Playboy but I am need of some expert advice. 

Playboy reprinted their first issue in 2007 and again in 2014

I know that the 2007 reprints were differentiated from the original by having a black rectangle in the upper right hand corner instead of a square and used three staples in the binding instead of two.

However, was this the case in the 2014 reprint? i have seen some references that state the 2014 reprint had the small square in the upper right hand corner (like the 53 original) instead of the larger rectangle, making it even harder to discern as a reprint. It also apparently had three staples in the binding. Can anyone out there confirm this for me?

Also, can anyone confirm for me that both the 2007 and 2014 reprints had page 3 numbered? Since the page 3 variation is so rare on the original 53's I find it odd that hte reprints would have it numbered but I dont have either version of the reprint so I can't answer these questions. 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here!

Roger

heh heh......  ok, any centerfold from this run will do.  Be sure the staples show clearly. 

As to your question about the reprints.....   (shrug)

Both reprint issues have 3 staples.

Both issues have the "Page 3" designation.

The 1st reprint has a rectangular black box (top right) that touches the top edge of the page.

The 2nd reprint has a square box very similar to the original.

It might be inconsequential, but the outer paper stock on the 1st reprint seems slightly thicker and the surface is smoother.

Hope that helps

I always liked "Swank" magazine when I was a kid. Pictures with clothes on first and then the clothes slowly came off. Kinda had a low-rent motel feel location wise. 

Anyways, I know nothing about Playboy except I used to know the Sex Advisor columnist. Cool guy. Was a serious Columbia journalist guy. I was in the offices in Chicago once. Don't know why/how he got the gig.

back to the funny books..

Edited by NoMan