• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Make The VCC Great Again!
1 1

Proposed Rule Changes For The VirtualComicCon  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Close The Regular Sales Forums During The VCC

• Yes - Only During The Weekend Of The VCC
    • Yes - 1 Day Before AND During The Weekend Of The VCC
    • Yes - 2-3 Days Before AND During The Weekend Of The VCC
    • Yes - 4 Days Before AND During The Weekend Of The VCC
    • Yes - 5 Days Before AND During The Weekend Of The VCC
    • No - DO NOT Close The Regular Sales Forums
  2. 2. Move The VCC To The "NEW" Gallery Section Of The CGC Boards

• Yes - It's worth a shot
    • No - Keep it where it is
    • Other - Specify in comments below
  3. 3. How Many Time A Year To Hold The VirtualComicCon?

• 1 - Early December
    • 2 - March/April and Early December
    • Keep It As Is (3 times per year)
    • Other - Specify in comments below

16 posts in this topic

I've created the poll above to highlight some thoughts on moving the Virtual Comic Con forward from where it stands right now.
These are different than the question that was proposed in my previous VCC poll (which can be seen HERE).

Also, some questions involve things that have been discussed in both the poll thread linked above as well as the Official VCC Discussion Thread, so please, take a look at both and join us over there as well.

All votes in the poll are anonymous, but thoughts and comments are more than welcome.

I think, by now, people know my opinions pretty well.

I think the sales forums should be closed down during the set time of the VCC. I also think doing it at least a few days before the VCC weekend would give people a nice heads-up and also allow for booth set-up for those who will eventually show up late.

I'm really liking the way the gallery looks and I think it's a very good option for the VCC going forward. It may require a bit of getting used to (it's very easy) but with the new board look and function that we've already been dealing with the past 6-months and again recently with photobucket dumping on everyone, I think the gallery is a good place for not only a VCC, but a place for members to show off there collections, show photos, etc. without the unnecessary 3rd party interference. Using the Gallery for the VCC lets us keep the uniqueness of the VCC and at the same time making it as close to a regular sales forum as it has ever been before (an example being that items listed for sale can be claimed by :takeit:instead of PMs)
If you haven't had a chance yet to see my mock VCC Booths, please check them out and see if you like them as much as I do. View Mock Booths Here 

Thanks again, for voting, for reading, for responding... :foryou:

On 8/13/2017 at 0:25 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

I've never understood the whole VCC attraction. I usually browse when there is one but usually just buy off the regular sales threads, seem to find better deals there. 

Ditto.

Anyone who was part of the formation (or at least involved with the 1st one) of the VCC able to answer that question?  What was the thought process behind needing a special event?

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Anyone who was part of the formation (or at least involved with the 1st one) of the VCC able to answer that question?  What was the thought process behind needing a special event?

It wasn't a case of "need." Someone had the idea to create a virtual comic con. It was thought of as a neat and unique community event. If the new boards search function didn't suck a s s and only pull information from the last four years, I could try to find the specific thread where the idea was pitched/discussed.

Edited by Jeffro.

Wow - a whole 30 members have taken the time to vote about the VCC.  With the pool being up quite awhile you have to take the general apathy as a sign in itself.

Any thought to just setting a weekend and having a VCC in the main sales thread area?  Promote it as a time when a large group of people will be running sales thread for the weekend which should attract additional buyers.  Each person can run their sales threads as they see fit which would take away a bunch of the limitations with the VCC (such as not being able to post the I'll Take It).  The sales area will be hopping with books being posted and deals being offered.  We can even use the general discussion area as the discussion area so no additional work will be necessary for people setting it up other then promotion.

On 8/17/2017 at 6:14 AM, 1Cool said:

Wow - a whole 30 members have taken the time to vote about the VCC.  With the pool being up quite awhile you have to take the general apathy as a sign in itself.

Any thought to just setting a weekend and having a VCC in the main sales thread area?  Promote it as a time when a large group of people will be running sales thread for the weekend which should attract additional buyers.  Each person can run their sales threads as they see fit which would take away a bunch of the limitations with the VCC (such as not being able to post the I'll Take It).  The sales area will be hopping with books being posted and deals being offered.  We can even use the general discussion area as the discussion area so no additional work will be necessary for people setting it up other then promotion.

I still think if we could advertise a special promotion, such as punch the clown for charity, the VCC would be popular again.

I know I would be all in on that event.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

I've never understood the whole VCC attraction. I usually browse when there is one but usually just buy off the regular sales threads, seem to find better deals there. 

ive never understood the sales threads .  I mean, you wait around for a seller who you have no idea of whether he has what you are looking for or not..... it's just a big waiting game.  At the VCC however, you can see all product at once and know in an instant if you want something or not

10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I still think if we could advertise a special promotion, such as punch the clown for charity, the VCC would be popular again.

I know I would be all in on that event.

Trump.png

I think the VCCis cool but I typically forget it's there.  Maybe include a bumpable vcc discussion thread in each marketplace during the vcc.

I also think that the boards are drying up.  I see the same dozen or so people talking in nearly every active thread.

1 hour ago, comicalgems said:

I think the VCCis cool but I typically forget it's there.  Maybe include a bumpable vcc discussion thread in each marketplace during the vcc.

I also think that the boards are drying up.  I see the same dozen or so people talking in nearly every active thread.

The sales thread is the busiest spot on the boards.  I've heard plenty of complaining about the new look and new functionality, but most people have figured out how to throw up the  :takeit: when there's a deal to be had.  I'd be happy if the VCC gets these boardies-by-convenience to post in an actual discussion, even if it's only to say what books they'd like posted.

8 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

The sales thread is the busiest spot on the boards.  I've heard plenty of complaining about the new look and new functionality, but most people have figured out how to throw up the  :takeit: when there's a deal to be had.  I'd be happy if the VCC gets these boardies-by-convenience to post in an actual discussion, even if it's only to say what books they'd like posted.

:takeit: