• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating BruceParker
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I am nominating BruceParker whose real name is Alex Hope.

I see that he has already been nominated by Amazing Comics as well.  We had an agreement for him to purchase my ST110 CGC SS 8.0.  We were to do a face to face transaction in Edmonton.  A week before, I tried to contact him to set up the specific time and place.  He failed to respond to my messages, texts, phone messages, or phone calls.  I tried nearly every day to contact him leading up to the date.  I hauled the book from Saskatchewan to Edmonton on my holiday to do the deal, and he never did respond.  

For failing to fulfill his side of the bargain, rudeness in ignoring me, I feel he should be submitted for probation.

21 minutes ago, TrevorP24 said:

If someone can tell me how to get PM messages to copy into this thread, I can post our conversations.

Hi, I think you can just cut and paste a PM thread into this thread, at least you can try that first.

Before that please also provide the following information:

On what day and on what terms did you first have a firm deal for him to purchase the book

What was the last day on which you had contact with the buyer

This is important as 30 days must elapse from the time you had a deal to your PL nomination. Assuming it has been 30 days, you also need to send the buyer a separate PM now serving notice that you are nominating him for the PL. His profile shows him as having been on the Boards recently, so he can be expected to answer to it here.

8 minutes ago, crassus said:

Hi, I think you can just cut and paste a PM thread into this thread, at least you can try that first.

Before that please also provide the following information:

On what day and on what terms did you first have a firm deal for him to purchase the book

What was the last day on which you had contact with the buyer

This is important as 30 days must elapse from the time you had a deal to your PL nomination. Assuming it has been 30 days, you also need to send the buyer a separate PM now serving notice that you are nominating him for the PL. His profile shows him as having been on the Boards recently, so he can be expected to answer to it here.

The last day I had contact with him was July 23.   The deal was made on July 12th.  We were to meet yesterday to do a face to face transaction where he paid directly with either cash or money order and I handed him the book.  

$8,100 and call it a deal? I can do cash or money order on delivery. I'm newer to the boards, but have already made a few purchases if you require references.

I'm steamed I missed out on that AF 15 you sold last year now lol.

Will that work for you, Trevor? 

Maybe I can buy another book to make up the difference haha 

Hey I just got home from work here.  Yes, let's call it a deal.   Go ahead and put an "I'll take it as per PM" on the board. I would like some sort of non refundable deposit though.  It doesn't have to be a huge amount.  Say $600?  Then pay $7500 when we meet up in August?  

I do have one other book I've been thinking of selling, but may not interest you.

TMNT #1 first print CGC 9.0 Signature Series signed by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.  This one really is my baby!  I got it signed and sketched at Calgary Expo when Kevin Eastman was there.  It was signed at some point in the past by both of them on the inside cover.

Hey Alex,

I got my dates wrong earlier with when we will be in Edmonton.  We are going to be there Thursday August 10 to Friday August 11.  Will this still work for you?  I'd like to try and meet when we first get there Thursday morning (I don't want to leave the book in the car, or in the hotel room if you know what I mean).  

Trevor

Hey Trevor,

That shouldn't be a problem. It may need to be the Friday though if that's okay by you? I hate to make you leave it in the car, but that Friday is a payday and just in case I need any extra funds I'll use them come then. I hope that won't be a problem!

Thanks!

Sure Friday will be fine.  I'll figure something out to keep it safe.  I'll message or text you closer to time to finalize things.  

Trevor

As I said, I started contacting him last Thursday to finalize the time and place, but haven't heard anything.  I would be very willing to withdraw this if he would at least tell me what happened.  Perhaps he had some kind of emergency etc.  These are things I'm willing to forgive.  Here are my last messages to him on the board.  I also phoned him, left him messages, and texted him.  It was indeed his phone number, as his message machine confirmed it was for Alex Hope.

Hey Alex,

I sent you a text yesterday to the number above just to check and make sure it's the right one.  Did you happen to get it?

Alex,

Could you please contact me to arrange a meet time and place for Friday. Call or text me at CENSORED is best.  Or email me at tprescesky@hotmail.com

Ive texted and left a message on your voicemail a few times.  I'm starting to feel like you've changed your mind?  I will understand if you're having sudden financial difficulties.  Just please let me know.

Edited by TrevorP24
removed my phone number

Sorry this happened Trevor.  Looks like you had a deal and I can see why you'd be steamed  bringing it from Sask to Edmonton for nothing.  I think you're a bit early for this nomination as a month hasn't elapsed since the deal was supposed to go down.  Hopefully he'll come on this thread and reply.

Did he give you the deposit you asked for?

Coming to the Edmonton Expo this year?

Might not be a good idea to leave your phone # in this thread.

Edited by thehumantorch

So if I understand this correctly, as of 23 July there was an agreement that you would complete the transaction in person in Edmonton on the Friday the 11th of August (yesterday), but at no time since the 23rd were you able to contact the buyer to confirm the specifics of the meeting scheduled for the 11th, is that correct?

And this transaction was the only reason for the trip, i.e. if not for this deal you would not have gone to Edmonton, is that correct?

1 hour ago, crassus said:

So if I understand this correctly, as of 23 July there was an agreement that you would complete the transaction in person in Edmonton on the Friday the 11th of August (yesterday), but at no time since the 23rd were you able to contact the buyer to confirm the specifics of the meeting scheduled for the 11th, is that correct?

And this transaction was the only reason for the trip, i.e. if not for this deal you would not have gone to Edmonton, is that correct?

No, I was going there with my family on holidays anyway which was why I agreed to sell it to him and I believe he agreed to buy it, because we could do a face to face transaction.   Originally the meeting was to be on the 18th which was what we had agreed to on July 12th, but I had made a mistake as to when I was going to be there so we changed it to yesterday.  As well, I waived the deposit in favour of him paying all up front directly.  

Everything else you said was correct.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Sorry this happened Trevor.  Looks like you had a deal and I can see why you'd be steamed  bringing it from Sask to Edmonton for nothing.  I think you're a bit early for this nomination as a month hasn't elapsed since the deal was supposed to go down.  Hopefully he'll come on this thread and reply.

I'm actually not super upset by this, but felt it should be reported.  After all, I still have my book :)

I thought the 30 days was from when the deal was made.  Since this was a face to face transaction, it seemed appropriate to report it at this time since the condition of sale was to meet yesterday and we can no longer meet face to face as I'm not going to be going to Edmonton again.  

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Also, thanks for the heads up about my phone number.  I forgot that was in there!  I edited it out.  

I always end up going to the Calgary Expo.  I would like to come to the Edmonton Expo, but my anniversary is on Sept 18th and convincing my wife the Edmonton Expo is a great anniversary trip is somewhat difficult ;) 

1 hour ago, TrevorP24 said:

Also, thanks for the heads up about my phone number.  I forgot that was in there!  I edited it out.  

I always end up going to the Calgary Expo.  I would like to come to the Edmonton Expo, but my anniversary is on Sept 18th and convincing my wife the Edmonton Expo is a great anniversary trip is somewhat difficult ;) 

Did he pay the deposit you asked for ?

If he did, then there's more chance he'll eventually follow through on this transaction.

8 hours ago, TrevorP24 said:

I'm actually not super upset by this, but felt it should be reported.  After all, I still have my book :)

I thought the 30 days was from when the deal was made.  Since this was a face to face transaction, it seemed appropriate to report it at this time since the condition of sale was to meet yesterday and we can no longer meet face to face as I'm not going to be going to Edmonton again.  

I agree, the deal was agreed to on the 12 of July. I think you are being pretty reasonable about what amounts to a massive waste of time for you, and what was supposed to be an 8k sale. If all you are looking for is an explanation, I would think you are certainly owed an explanation, as a minimum. I agree also that it is in the community's interest to know that the buyer failed to maintain communication on a deal of this magnitude. Basic courtesy, if nothing else, would require an explanation. 2c

8 hours ago, r100comics said:

Did he pay the deposit you asked for ?

If he did, then there's more chance he'll eventually follow through on this transaction.

No, I waived the deposit which I now wish I hadn't done.  Live and learn.  

I paid a deposit on a book in July. Followed up last month and a few times this month to pay it off but haven't received a response. Emailed him directly as well with no response.

Has anyone heard from him?

On 9/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, AnkurJ said:

I paid a deposit on a book in July. Followed up last month and a few times this month to pay it off but haven't received a response. Emailed him directly as well with no response.

Has anyone heard from him?

I still have not heard anything from him.  It's like he's fallen off the face of the earth... or avoiding us!

...I think I see this guy posting on Facebook all the time...

Alex Hope from Edmonton Alberta frequents the Comic Auctions Canada FB group (runs some auctions). 

Recent post was September 20th on the CTC Videos, Interest and Discussion FB group...He was looking to see if anyone was interested in a raffle for a few of his books...

A call out on Facebook might not be a bad thing. IF it is the same guy, which seems likely...

21 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

...I think I see this guy posting on Facebook all the time...

Alex Hope from Edmonton Alberta frequents the Comic Auctions Canada FB group (runs some auctions). 

Recent post was September 20th on the CTC Videos, Interest and Discussion FB group...He was looking to see if anyone was interested in a raffle for a few of his books...

A call out on Facebook might not be a bad thing. IF it is the same guy, which seems likely...

He posted this morning in the Canada group as well.

12 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Anyone have a link? I filed a paypal chargeback. No reply to paypal yet either. At this point I will take my money back and call it done.

At work can't link to FB...

Comic Auctions Canada FB Group.  I think you would need to request to join to see. He is currently running an auction there.