• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are counterfeit comics a real thing?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I'm questioning a set of books Moderns from a Hong Kong that I am considering...I won't be disclosing them, sorry. Being that it's so close to China makes me wonder about the of authenticity. I'm not asking to go into detail of the how they do it, but more of anyone's experience away from just here-say. Is this something that CGC runs into?

9 hours ago, StarryNight said:

I'm questioning a set of books Moderns from a Hong Kong that I am considering...I won't be disclosing them, sorry. Being that it's so close to China makes me wonder about the of authenticity. I'm not asking to go into detail of the how they do it, but more of anyone's experience away from just here-say. Is this something that CGC runs into?

Since you're not willing to share specifics, I'll say that what you asked can be Googled easily.

Also,

IMG_4754.PNG

1 hour ago, StarryNight said:

Be careful of how you post when you have no idea of a person's Nationalism.

If you have nothing constructive to add don't post here just because you can. Thank you

he just posted facts that hongkong does not share rights with china so the idea of fakes may not be a problem, not sure why you are being offended by something that has nothing to do with you

Edited by JcomicJ

You asked a question about if buying books from Hong Kong would be a sketchy proposition.  Ygogolak posted some information about Hong Kong, and you retort by stating he should be careful what he says?!?  I'm confused.

7 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

You asked a question about if buying books from Hong Kong would be a sketchy proposition.  Ygogolak posted some information about Hong Kong, and you retort by stating he should be careful what he says?!?  I'm confused.

Ah, but I also said the answer is easily searchable on the Googles.

So it was a two-fer of constructive commentary.

Edited by ygogolak

22 hours ago, StarryNight said:

Are you wondering about folks making counterfeit cgc encased books, or fake raw comics?..... to answer both, I have seen 'reproduction ' copies mainly of big key books that were basically reproduction covers over blank pages. And here is a link regarding someone attempting to sell off a fake 4.0 af 15

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist3826817/DtWXf/h/Comic_Buyers_BEWARE_Fake.htm