• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Babies sale: SOTI and Harvey Romance file copies THREAD CLOSED
1 1

17 posts in this topic

A new babies sale.  I just added two new non-human babies to the family.  One of the babies is a census-topping white-paged SOTI book.  One has four wheels and a top that drops in the summertime.   To soften the financial blow, let's see what I have lying around that's ready to join your collection...

How about some Harvey file copies and a couple copies of SOTI.  Maybe some others if I have time.

Payment by Paypal.  Returns within 1 week for any reason.  Returns at your expense if you just change your mind, but I'l pick up the return shipping if the return is due to my error in the listing.

"Take it" in thread trumps all, but PM's are welcome and encouraged.

Shipping $4.95 within the US.  Elsewhere in the world, shipping at exact USPS cost for fully insured.

Edited by SOTIcollector

Oh, yeah, and HOS and probies, move along...

First up, some Harvey file copies of First Love.   These grades are my humble opinion, and I've been grading for 40 years, but grading is just an opinion so please check the photos carefuly and ask questions if you have any.  Not every photo came out perfectly, so I'll re-take them if it'll help.

First Love 8  8.5-9.0.  $75 Lower left corner impact.  Two stress lines on the spine.  
First Love 12 8.0  $60 SOLD MisterMystery Several stress lines on spine.  Three small tears top edge FC.  
First Love 14  9.2  $90 Gorgeous and flat.  Impact lower left corner.  Other corners sharp.  
First Love 16 9.0 or 9.2.  $80 Sharp and flat.  Two stess lines on spine.  Minor impact lower let.  Sharp corners.  
First Love 19  9.4 $85 if you're fine with the production defect at the top left.  Something similar to Marvel chipping, but much less severe, where it appears that the production facility had too dull a blade to cut the top edge of the cover properly.  As a result, it has a ragged piece.  See photo.
First Love 30 9.4 or better.  $125 Beautiful copy.  Sharp, flat black cover.  Sharp corners.  Very minor soiling along spine on BC.

First_Love_08_1.JPG

First_Love_08_2.JPG

First_Love_08_3.JPG

First_Love_08_4.JPG

First_Love_08_5.JPG

First_Love_08_6.JPG

First_Love_08_7.JPG

First_Love_12_01.JPG

First_Love_12_02.JPG

First_Love_12_03.JPG

First_Love_12_04.JPG

First_Love_12_05.JPG

First_Love_12_06.JPG

First_Love_12_07.JPG

First_Love_12_08.JPG

First_Love_12_09.JPG

First_Love_12_10.JPG

First_Love_12_11.JPG

First_Love_12_12.JPG

First_Love_12_13.JPG

First_Love_12_14.JPG

First_Love_12_15.JPG

First_Love_14_1.JPG

First_Love_14_2.JPG

First_Love_14_3.JPG

First_Love_14_4.JPG

First_Love_14_5.JPG

First_Love_14_6.JPG

First_Love_14_7.JPG

First_Love_16_1.JPG

First_Love_16_2.JPG

First_Love_16_3.JPG

First_Love_16_4.JPG

First_Love_16_5.JPG

First_Love_16_6.JPG

First_Love_16_7.JPG

First_Love_16_8.JPG

First_Love_19_01.JPG

First_Love_19_02.JPG

First_Love_19_03.JPG

First_Love_19_04.JPG

First_Love_19_05.JPG

First_Love_19_06.JPG

First_Love_19_07.JPG

First_Love_19_08.JPG

First_Love_19_09.JPG

First_Love_30_01.JPG

First_Love_30_02.JPG

First_Love_30_03.JPG

First_Love_30_04.JPG

First_Love_30_05.JPG

First_Love_30_06.JPG

First_Love_30_07.JPG

First_Love_30_08.JPG

First_Love_30_09.JPG

First_Love_30_10.JPG

Edited by SOTIcollector
Sold First Love 12

Next, SOTI.  Two copies.  A third one (with bibliography!) is on the way to me, but I can't offer it till I have it in hand.

Seduction of the Innocent, first print, first state (with the bibliography!), with dust jacket.  2 pages clipped at front, and rear free endpaper has been removed.  Otherwise complete, including 16 pages of illustrations plus the bibliography leaf that was removed from most copies of the book before distribution.  Tape stains, from previously removed tape, remain onbook covers, end papers and jacket.  Jacket spine is faded; lower spine has the remains of an identification sticker.  $325.
Seduction of the Innocent, first print, low low grade, no dust jacket, no bibliography.  This is a re-bound libaray copy.  It is missing on title page, and two illustration pages. It has a card sleeve and card from the library, and the typical markings you would expect of a library book.  I'll provide photocopies of the missing illo pages and the bibliography, so you'll have a reading copy.   If you were to buy one of those new so-called "limited edition" reprints [Psst!  Don't be fooled.  It's not limited.  I'll post detaisl if you're interested.] that reprint would set you back $45. This one?  A mere $30 SOLD szavisca   

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6070.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

Edited by SOTIcollector
Sold $30 SOTI

6 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:

Oh, yeah, and HOS and probies, move along...

First up, some Harvey file copies of First Love.   These grades are my humble opinion, and I've been grading for 40 years, but grading is just an opinion so please check the photos carefuly and ask questions if you have any.  Not every photo came out perfectly, so I'll re-take them if it'll help.

First Love 8  8.5-9.0.  $75 Lower left corner impact.  Two stress lines on the spine.  
First Love 12 8.0  $60 Several stress lines on spine.  Three small tears top edge FC.  
First Love 14  9.2  $90 Gorgeous and flat.  Impact lower left corner.  Other corners sharp.  
First Love 16 9.0 or 9.2.  $80 Sharp and flat.  Two stess lines on spine.  Minor impact lower let.  Sharp corners.  
First Love 19  9.4 $85 if you're fine with the production defect at the top left.  Something similar to Marvel chipping, but much less severe, where it appears that the production facility had too dull a blade to cut the top edge of the cover properly.  As a result, it has a ragged piece.  See photo.
First Love 30 9.4 or better.  $125 Beautiful copy.  Sharp, flat black cover.  Sharp corners.  Very minor soiling along spine on BC.

First_Love_08_1.JPG

First_Love_08_2.JPG

First_Love_08_3.JPG

First_Love_08_4.JPG

First_Love_08_5.JPG

First_Love_08_6.JPG

First_Love_08_7.JPG

First_Love_12_01.JPG

First_Love_12_02.JPG

First_Love_12_03.JPG

First_Love_12_04.JPG

First_Love_12_05.JPG

First_Love_12_06.JPG

First_Love_12_07.JPG

First_Love_12_08.JPG

First_Love_12_09.JPG

First_Love_12_10.JPG

First_Love_12_11.JPG

First_Love_12_12.JPG

First_Love_12_13.JPG

First_Love_12_14.JPG

First_Love_12_15.JPG

First_Love_14_1.JPG

First_Love_14_2.JPG

First_Love_14_3.JPG

First_Love_14_4.JPG

First_Love_14_5.JPG

First_Love_14_6.JPG

First_Love_14_7.JPG

First_Love_16_1.JPG

First_Love_16_2.JPG

First_Love_16_3.JPG

First_Love_16_4.JPG

First_Love_16_5.JPG

First_Love_16_6.JPG

First_Love_16_7.JPG

First_Love_16_8.JPG

First_Love_19_01.JPG

First_Love_19_02.JPG

First_Love_19_03.JPG

First_Love_19_04.JPG

First_Love_19_05.JPG

First_Love_19_06.JPG

First_Love_19_07.JPG

First_Love_19_08.JPG

First_Love_19_09.JPG

First_Love_30_01.JPG

First_Love_30_02.JPG

First_Love_30_03.JPG

First_Love_30_04.JPG

First_Love_30_05.JPG

First_Love_30_06.JPG

First_Love_30_07.JPG

First_Love_30_08.JPG

First_Love_30_09.JPG

First_Love_30_10.JPG

First Love 12 take it

1 hour ago, SOTIcollector said:

Next, SOTI.  Two copies.  A third one (with bibliography!) is on the way to me, but I can't offer it till I have it in hand.

Seduction of the Innocent, first print, first state (with the bibliography!), with dust jacket.  2 pages clipped at front, and rear free endpaper has been removed.  Otherwise complete, including 16 pages of illustrations plus the bibliography leaf that was removed from most copies of the book before distribution.  Tape stains, from previously removed tape, remain onbook covers, end papers and jacket.  Jacket spine is faded; lower spine has the remains of an identification sticker.  $325.
Seduction of the Innocent, first print, low low grade, no dust jacket, no bibliography.  This is a re-bound libaray copy.  It is missing on title page, and two illustration pages. It has a card sleeve and card from the library, and the typical markings you would expect of a library book.  I'll provide photocopies of the missing illo pages and the bibliography, so you'll have a reading copy.   If you were to buy one of those new so-called "limited edition" reprints [Psst!  Don't be fooled.  It's not limited.  I'll post detaisl if you're interested.] that reprint would set you back $45. This one?  A mere $30 firm.  

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6070.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

30$ SOTI taken, thanks!

Here are some Dell Four Colors.  All look really sharp and have that tasty old-label goodness.  No time now to post pics, so a "take it pending scan" is fine, and I'll post pics later today.

Four Color 103.  Walt Kelly goodness "Easter with Mother Goose".  Looks like a super high grade book except for three issues:  the letter S in pencil on the cover, a price "6-" in pencil on the cover, and worst of all, a loose CF.  Without those, I'm sure it would have been 8.5 or better.  Instead, it's a CGC old label FN- 5.5 with off-white pages that presents really well.  Yours for $110.

Four Color #272.  Charlie McCarthy and the Twenty Thieves.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with off-white pages.  Add it to your collection for $300.

Four Color #675 Johnny Mack Brown.  CGC old label VF- 7.5 with off-white pages.  Give it a new home for just $50.

Four Color #785 Circus Boy with Mickey Dolenz photo cover.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with cream to off-white pages.  Who doesn't want a creepy clown leering at a kid for their collection?  $125.

Price drops on the Four Colors, and a big drop on SOTI to brighten your Monday:

Here's what remains.

First Love #8  8.5-9.0.  $75 Lower left corner impact.  Two stress lines on the spine.  
First Love #14  9.2  $90 Gorgeous and flat.  Impact lower left corner.  Other corners sharp.  
First Love #16 9.0 or 9.2.  $80 Sharp and flat.  Two stess lines on spine.  Minor impact lower let.  Sharp corners.  
First Love #19  9.4 $85 if you're fine with the production defect at the top left.  Something similar to Marvel chipping, but much less severe, where it appears that the production facility had too dull a blade to cut the top edge of the cover properly.  As a result, it has a ragged piece.  See photo.
First Love #30 9.4 or better.  $125 Beautiful copy.  Sharp, flat black cover.  Sharp corners.  Very minor soiling along spine on BC.
Four Color #103.  Walt Kelly goodness "Easter with Mother Goose".  Looks like a super high grade book except for three issues:  the letter S in pencil on the cover, a price "6-" in pencil on the cover, and worst of all, a loose CF.  Without those, I'm sure it would have been 8.5 or better.  Instead, it's a CGC old label FN- 5.5 with off-white pages that presents really well.  Yours for $110. $95
Four Color #272.  Charlie McCarthy and the Twenty Thieves.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with off-white pages.  Add it to your collection for $300. $225
Four Color #675 Johnny Mack Brown.  CGC old label VF- 7.5 with off-white pages.  Give it a new home for just $50. $40
Four Color #785 Circus Boy with Mickey Dolenz photo cover.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with cream to off-white pages.  Who doesn't want a creepy clown leering at a kid for their collection?  $125. $95
Seduction of the Innocent, first print, first state (with the bibliography!), with dust jacket.  2 pages clipped at front, and rear free endpaper has been removed.  Otherwise complete, including 16 pages of illustrations plus the bibliography leaf that was removed from most copies of the book before distribution.  Tape stains, from previously removed tape, remain on book covers, endpapers and jacket.  Jacket spine is faded; lower spine has the remains of an identification sticker.  $325. $225 to you, but only if you're not the person who promised to buy it a few weeks ago then stopped responding to email (not a Boardie as far as I know).

On 8/14/2017 at 0:38 PM, SOTIcollector said:

Price drops on the Four Colors, and a big drop on SOTI to brighten your Monday:

Here's what remains.

First Love #8  8.5-9.0.  $75 Lower left corner impact.  Two stress lines on the spine.  
First Love #14  9.2  $90 Gorgeous and flat.  Impact lower left corner.  Other corners sharp.  
First Love #16 9.0 or 9.2.  $80 Sharp and flat.  Two stess lines on spine.  Minor impact lower let.  Sharp corners.  
First Love #19  9.4 $85 if you're fine with the production defect at the top left.  Something similar to Marvel chipping, but much less severe, where it appears that the production facility had too dull a blade to cut the top edge of the cover properly.  As a result, it has a ragged piece.  See photo.
First Love #30 9.4 or better.  $125 Beautiful copy.  Sharp, flat black cover.  Sharp corners.  Very minor soiling along spine on BC.
Four Color #103.  Walt Kelly goodness "Easter with Mother Goose".  Looks like a super high grade book except for three issues:  the letter S in pencil on the cover, a price "6-" in pencil on the cover, and worst of all, a loose CF.  Without those, I'm sure it would have been 8.5 or better.  Instead, it's a CGC old label FN- 5.5 with off-white pages that presents really well.  Yours for $110. $95
Four Color #272.  Charlie McCarthy and the Twenty Thieves.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with off-white pages.  Add it to your collection for $300. $225
Four Color #675 Johnny Mack Brown.  CGC old label VF- 7.5 with off-white pages.  Give it a new home for just $50. $40
Four Color #785 Circus Boy with Mickey Dolenz photo cover.  CGC old label VF 8.0 with cream to off-white pages.  Who doesn't want a creepy clown leering at a kid for their collection?  $125. $95
Seduction of the Innocent, first print, first state (with the bibliography!), with dust jacket.  2 pages clipped at front, and rear free endpaper has been removed.  Otherwise complete, including 16 pages of illustrations plus the bibliography leaf that was removed from most copies of the book before distribution.  Tape stains, from previously removed tape, remain on book covers, endpapers and jacket.  Jacket spine is faded; lower spine has the remains of an identification sticker.  $325. $225 to you, but only if you're not the person who promised to buy it a few weeks ago then stopped responding to email (not a Boardie as far as I know).

One more price drop on SOTI.  It's rough, but it does have the dust jacket and bibliography.  $175.