• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about rarity of a comic?

12 posts in this topic

i got this same comic coming in the mail from CGC this is just a mock image though idk the gpa of my book, but im unable to find how rare this book is and if there is a market for it?2517456_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvNy8yMDE2IDM6M

this is a 2002 movie reprint from the deluxe edition movie box.

Edited by JcomicJ

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah the sell well in rare for $15-30 each, but unsure in a slab. I would imagine it would do well with Stan's signature, but too late
for that.

I know some collectors that buy these and display them and keep the real copy somewhere safe.

i dont ever see much of them in slabs and i was kinda hoping CGC would say more then just reprint on it  makes it seem less valuable with the one word description that they do on alot of special issues.

Looks like there were a few reprints for Amazing Fantasy #15's 40th anniversary.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Amazing:Fantasy:/comicyearstart/2001/comicyearend/2003/label/all/

It has only been recently that 1980s and 1990s reprints for Action Comics #1 have been "worth slabbing", so I'm not surprised that newer reprints of a less valuable book have not been sent to CGC very often.

47 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Looks like there were a few reprints for Amazing Fantasy #15's 40th anniversary.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Amazing:Fantasy:/comicyearstart/2001/comicyearend/2003/label/all/

It has only been recently that 1980s and 1990s reprints for Action Comics #1 have been "worth slabbing", so I'm not surprised that newer reprints of a less valuable book have not been sent to CGC very often.

kinda bummed because i thought it was rare but its my first spiderman to my collection though guess it will be my 1st appearance and will have to make due with sentimental value, i got a russian spiderman #700 1st print coming in the mail but wont be able to get it CGC graded for awhile.

Just now, JcomicJ said:

kinda bummed because i thought it was rare but its my first spiderman to my collection though guess it will be my 1st appearance and will have to make due with sentimental value, i got a russian spiderman #700 1st print coming in the mail but wont be able to get it CGC graded for awhile.

I think every collector on this website can tell a story about getting started and some of the "kinda bummed" feelings they had.  It's similar to not scoring 100% on every test for a school subject you were really excited to take.  

Stick with it and eventually, you'll be teaching the class. (thumbsu

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I think every collector on this website can tell a story about getting started and some of the "kinda bummed" feelings they had.  It's similar to not scoring 100% on every test for a school subject you were really excited to take.  

Wish I had more money so many books I want to get graded 

On 8/14/2017 at 7:49 AM, valiantman said:

Damn. Nice. Comment. (thumbsu

On 8/13/2017 at 3:00 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yeah the sell well in rare for $15-30 each, but unsure in a slab. I would imagine it would do well with Stan's signature, but too late
for that.

I know some collectors that buy these and display them and keep the real copy somewhere safe.

Aren't these similar to the Daily News promo reprints in terms of newsprint covers and such?