• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

13 posts in this topic

Some of you might have seen the original NYCC FB post about Hamill's appearance at NYCC....they said that this would be Mark Hamill's last ever convention signing. They later changed it to last signing of 2017...but....

I was talking to the guy handling Anthony Daniels at Boston this weekend. I've known him for a while as he works for Daniels and Hamill's appearance manager. Told him I would see him in NYCC for Hamill and he mentioned that he has a suspicion that this may truly be Hamill's last convention signing and he might go the way of other celebs who just do private signings. I asked if that would include Star Wars Celebrations and he said "if I'm right...yes".

For those of you who work conventions, you know they can be very taxing. Well from the talents standpoint I think it's even more so...they see a hell of a lot of people, have to amp themselves up for each one (well the nice ones do anyway), have panels and Q&As, etc. And this is what we were speaking about when I was waiting for Daniels to come out. So this is not confirmed, but even someone who works with Hamill said it's a possibility. So for those of you who have ever wanted to meet him and are thinking about going to NYCC, take this as a friendly piece of advice that that you may want to head to the show if you can!

Edited by Kevlar

5 minutes ago, celluloidbuff said:

Lucky enough to meet him at Star Wars Celebration 2017, along with many others.  I was dumb and didn't do CGC comics for any of them, just signed photos.  Trying to rectify that with help from boardies.  

Got mine Cgc'd ;)  I could see it being tough to get tho. He had some of the longest lines iv'e ever seen at a convention.

img20161120_23460038.jpg

8 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Got mine Cgc'd ;)  I could see it being tough to get tho. He had some of the longest lines iv'e ever seen at a convention.

img20161120_23460038.jpg

Color me jealous.  I absolutely LOVE that photo.  The photo I got signed was the younger Luke as shown here with C-3PO - 11x14, signed by both Hamill and Daniels.  I'm probably going to have the Star Wars 1 action figure variant signed (he has two other action figure variants I might have to consider as well if this is his last gig).

And, yes, the line was ridiculous.

Edited by celluloidbuff

16 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Hello, how much is Mark Hamill charging for CGC SS signature?   Thanks.

No idea what his cost is there yet...he raised it for Star Wars celebration...not sure what he will be at NYCC yet.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, rogue14 said:

Just checked the website, looks like his price for autographs is listed at $295, cash only.

:whatthe:

I'm sure he will be signing all the autographs he possibly can during the scheduled times, but he's lost me as a buyer at that price, even if this is his last public signing.  He's basically double what he was a year ago, and that's more than I'm willing to pay.