• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 7
3 3

121 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, IncredibleHauck said:

I thought there was a color breaking crease on the right side of BP when enlarged. It must have been a scratch on the acrylic case.

That's what I finally decided, but I went back and forth the whole two days. The only reason I concluded that is because it had a bit of a curve to it. I figured a crease would have been a perfect straight line.

It was kind of funny not being able to choose between grades of 7.0 and 9.4. lol

Every round I go thats it-I'm done.  Then-maybe I'll get bulls from now on..... hm

gambler's unanimous.

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

I gave the Black Panther a 7.0 because of what I thought was a large color breaking crease on the right side. :sorry:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 9.20.51 PM.png

I hear you it went toward the top of the book shoot lol

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I tell you what, I'm not being so sure of  myself to fire off answers this time until I figure out if it's the case or not 2c that picture really shows the "bend" of my sanity lol

I would have almost all bulls if I went with my first gut.

Round 9 should feature 2 books and a bonus book you can grade if you decide to or ignore it-if you get a bull on the bonus book, it will replace any of the other 2 books, but if you get 3 bulls, you get to keep em all!!  HOWEVER if you get -1 on bonus book, your total score is ZERO.

35 minutes ago, Red84 said:

I gave the Black Panther a 7.0 because of what I thought was a large color breaking crease on the right side. :sorry:

Me too. I'm having a lot of fun with this, but I can't help but think I'd be near the top if I wasn't consistently wrong on distinguishing between creases and case scratches.  It's happened 3 times now.

Edited by Westy Steve

I was mostly fixated on this dumb frog.  I mean, I got out my magnifying glass and everything.  My naked eye just isn't what it used to be.

5993c6989a4a8_frog7.thumb.jpg.a4015cdebcb501056df2c72f6a42b96a.jpg

Just now, Senormac said:

I was mostly fixated on this dumb frog.  I mean, I got out my magnifying glass and everything.  My naked eye just isn't what it used to be.

5993c6989a4a8_frog7.thumb.jpg.a4015cdebcb501056df2c72f6a42b96a.jpg

talking about eyesight you and me both 

Another tough round.  Thought 9.6 at first glance on the BP then zoomed in and went 9.4.  Torchy looked 8.5/9.0 first glance and then saw the huge upper right crease.  I had a ASM 121 with a smaller crease get bumped to a 7.5 so I went 7.0 but there was a ton of internal debate between a 7.0 or a golden age bump to 7.5.  I moved up a couple spots so I'm happy.