• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 6 Results
1 1

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

why not have her sign up to the forum and enter the contest outright? We could definitely use more ladies in this forum.

Didn't end well for the one guy who brought his wife onto the boards.  Too many Romeo's on here for my liking.:p

Just now, oakman29 said:

A thing of beauty.:eek:

"I want my highest attainment in life to be a barista I don't wanna be able to go any further than that"

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

For next year's contest, I will have the books scanned before I send to CGC.

The "having to guess whether the scratch is on the comic or the outer shell or the inner well" business is not fair to any of you.

Baby steps. :taptaptap:

That is a saintly knightly undertaking sure to be met with bravado applause :) :golfclap:

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

The "having to guess whether the scratch is on the comic or the outer shell or the inner well" business is not fair to any of you.

Wow! :golfclap:(thumbsu

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

I kind of like the craziness of it all (shrug)

2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Like you don't work hard enough Hammy!

2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Needs no tweaking (thumbsucontest is completely fair and superbly run just the way it is(worship) just saying:golfclap:

Edited by 1950's war comics

11 hours ago, 1Cool said:

This round was just strange.  My wife wanted to look at the scans after I've been talking about my successes (and failures).  I had the ASM as a 9.2 since I thought the creases were scratches on the case.  She looked it over and thought the lines were creases and she dropped it to a 8.0.  The hulk I had as a 7.0 since the hulk definitely was a full grade lower then the ASM even if the creases existed and it really looked like some of the 7.0 I've gotten back.  Wife thought the scuff would be hit hard so she lobbied for a 6.5.  I decided to use her grades (8.0 and 6.5) over my (9.2 and 7.0) and her scores netted 2 points where as mine would have been a zero.  Next year I will just have her grade the books separately and watch her kick my butt. 

You and you alone are supposed to grade the books.  It's not a team event.

It's you vs. 128 other Boardies.  It's not you and your wife vs. 128 other Boardies.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

8 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

no worries man. thank you for just running this thing, it's always a blast to try and test if my grading skills have gotten better or worse. Also, not like it'll make a difference my grading sucks whether i can tell if there's a scratch or not.

17 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I wouldn't worry about it, personally.  There's always going to be something, unless one has the book in hand.  In fact, it might be more helpful for grading skill because when you find out a scratch was on the book, you learn what that scratch costs (v your estimation).

19 hours ago, oakman29 said:
20 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Didn't end well for the one guy who brought his wife onto the boards.  Too many Romeo's on here for my liking.:p

Bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaahahahaha! I remember that one.:roflmao:

DECOUPAGE BABY!!!!!

13 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You and you alone are supposed to grade the books.  It's not a team event.

It's you vs. 128 other Boardies.  It's not you and your wife vs. 128 other Boardies.

BlHp0nlIcAARWvW.jpg

22 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Needs no tweaking (thumbsucontest is completely fair and superbly run just the way it is(worship) just saying:golfclap:

Agreed - no tweaking needed.  Determining on the case or on the book is part of the contest (I have guessed wrong several times and it has cost me - but it is part of figuring things out).

Well run contest - no need for changes!