• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm I the only one too lazy to keep track of the books I have?

13 posts in this topic

I only get around to logging  books into inventory about every 3-6 months, if I'm lucky.  I also don't always log into inventory any peripheral titles that I'm not really collecting, but I pick up issues when they are high grade and cheap.  I also can't always find the boxes individual books go into, so may not inventory until I find the box.

I'm always finding duplicates in the boxes and piles.  Short term memory shot as well.  One of my favorite stories is the loss of my core Conan collection, which is only 1-24.  I'm sure I put them in some box as filler, and have not seen them in 5-6 years. :pullhair:  Meanwhile, I've tried to upgrade several issues, and found duplicates and triplicates of some - I finally notated the upgrades to keep that from happening again.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Finding I'm buying multiples of books cause I'm too lazy to write down what I have and don't have. 

Short term memory is shot. 

Yes, you are the only one that lazy. If you aren't going to keep proper track of your comics, you should just give them to someone that will. Like me :takeit:

Most of the books I get nowadays i'm lucky to get that copy of,but I find i've often bought Charlton Ghost Manor,Ghostly Haunts ect that I already have(yes,I know,i've a dirty Charlton secret problem :facepalm:).

My uncle(RIP) had a serious problem remembering what he already had..if he went to a show without me,he ALWAYS picked up a double,thinking he needed it..When he passed,I found hoards of Bat key bronze books,227,232,251...HOS 92...He knew he had a few doubles i'm sure,but he'd misplace them or think he sold some..the Xmen doubles and quads is ridiculous.

None for sale.

It's the first thing I do before I put it away, take a pic for the archive, put cost in word, excel, paper copy, put in the cgc box according to generation of case, idk it's what suits me.

lol

Still won't guarantee you won't pick up doubles hahaha depending on the size of your collection. Oh what a problem to have :)

List be darned your not going to remember if you need to upgrade. I guess smart buying is elusive. 

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's the first thing I do before I put it away, take a pic for the archive, put cost in word, excel, paper copy, put in the cgc box according to generation of case, idk it's what suits me.

lol

Still won't guarantee you won't pick up doubles hahaha depending on the size of your collection. Oh what a problem to have :)

List be darned your not going to remember if you need to upgrade. I guess smart buying is elusive. 

I do something similar. I write down what I just bought on a yellow pad and then a month or two later I put it into recycling.  :blush:

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

I do something similar. I write down what I just bought on a yellow pad and then a month or two later I put it into recycling.  :blush:

We can't recycle colored paper here, so I skip both these parts.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

We can't recycle colored paper here, so I skip both these parts.

I care about the environment and buy reams of paper then place em in the recycle bin.  

Up until around 2006 I would keep accurate records of every book I purchased using a simple card file system. Too many at that stage, and likely too lazy, to transfer the details into a spreadsheet format.  Then, I stopped updating the file, but my memory is good enough not to buy multiples of books I already own unless it was done deliberately, such as a second ultra-high-grade slabbed copy.  

Not much of a dilemma now as I've gone digital.  

Edited by Ken Aldred