• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 8
2 2

122 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

Same for me but I went 7.0s and told them they were going to be 8.0s :pullhair:

Same here...entertained 8.0 tops and 7.5 and settled on 7.0s...ugh.  Always looking for the positive...which is I had no negs this round.  Tied with Zalgados for best improvement of the 112 starters.  4 books left...

11 hours ago, AJD said:

My submission:

This is the "both books are the same grade round". :sumo:  And both are 7.5

:pullhair:

I didn't know that was a thing. I had them both at a weak 8 but thought they can't be the same grade and dropped the War Stories down to a 7.5 because it had just a bit more 'shadow' on the back. :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Harry Lime said:
20 hours ago, AJD said:

My submission:

This is the "both books are the same grade round". :sumo:  And both are 7.5

:pullhair:

I didn't know that was a thing. I had them both at a weak 8 but thought they can't be the same grade and dropped the War Stories down to a 7.5 because it had just a bit more 'shadow' on the back. :facepalm:

It isn't necessarily a thing.  I may go a contest without having two books the same grade in the same round or I may not.  It's certainly a possibility, but don't EVER assume that. (thumbsu