• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there much value in 1st issues

9 posts in this topic

Not really.  There are thousands of examples like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/292182375747

Dealers/Retailers who submit modern comics for grading usually have "pre-orders" so that they are supplying to collectors who have already paid.  To try to select random #1 comics for grading and then hope that someone will buy them (higher than the cost of grading) would be a pretty bad idea.  It's an expensive lesson that is best to avoid.

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Not really.  There are thousands of examples like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/292182375747

Dealers/Retailers who submit modern comics for grading usually have "pre-orders" so that they are supplying to collectors who have already paid.  To try to select random #1 comics for grading and then hope that someone will buy them (higher than the cost of grading) would be a pretty bad idea.  It's an expensive lesson that is best to avoid.

thank you i got alot to learn but im doing my best to learn till my next grading 

7 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

thank you i got alot to learn but im doing my best to learn till my next grading 

Doing as much learning as possible for free will be your best plan.  This hobby (like all hobbies) has some expensive lessons, but it's better when someone else pays the price (like that seller who got $1.25 for a slab).

Yes, it really depends on what #1 it is... unfortunately, the last decade has seen both Marvel and DC come out with numerous volumes, one-shots, limited series, reboots, etc. in order to artificially manufacture more "#1's"... Definitely should not be buying/slabbing any 'ol #1

How about #2 modern issues?  Is there value to slabbing #2's? 

Howabout #3 issues?

Which # issue should I be slabbing? 

2 hours ago, revat said:

How about #2 modern issues?  Is there value to slabbing #2's? 

Howabout #3 issues?

Which # issue should I be slabbing? 

no need to be rude to people trying to understand the value of things