• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WINNER ANNOUNCED Pg5!!! Test your Auto Body Appraisal Skills! Win a COMIC PRIZE! NOW WITH CHARITY AUCTION
2 2

95 posts in this topic

Whatever you do do not take the salvage with plans to fix it then it sits in front of your home for months and the city comes by and tows it.  If you're gonna fix it, fix it.  Don't leave it sitting for 10+ years in driveway like many folks.

18 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

My apologies, I misunderstood the salvage value then.

I've guessed already, but perhaps what I should have been thinking is totalled, and what your payout amount would be (which I would guess higher).

Best of luck in getting what you're owed.

sorry, I should have probably should have mentioned up front that 'salvage value' means something very specific and not necessarily obvious, and that people should look it up to get a better idea.  With that being said, there's a chance you might still be the closest one depending on what other people guess

12 minutes ago, revat said:

sorry, I should have probably should have mentioned up front that 'salvage value' means something very specific and not necessarily obvious, and that people should look it up to get a better idea.  With that being said, there's a chance you might still be the closest one depending on what other people guess

No worries, and what matters most is insurance pays you what your owed for your vehicle. (thumbsu

At first I thought you made this thread because the car wasn't totaled and you were pissed. But since you are giving away free books I'm guessing it was declared totaled and you are happy, given the circumstances, because now you can get something else.

5 minutes ago, darkstar said:

At first I thought you made this thread because the car wasn't totaled and you were pissed. But since you are giving away free books I'm guessing it was declared totaled and you are happy, given the circumstances, because now you can get something else.

Actually I don't know what the result will be, just thought I'd have a little fun 

it is being towed to the shop tomorrow....

6 minutes ago, revat said:

Actually I don't know what the result will be, just thought I'd have a little fun 

it is being towed to the shop tomorrow....

Thats what makes this contest so great-not even the OP knows the answer yet.

18 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Totaled. Heavy damage to frame, insurance company won't take the risk with the weakened structural integrity.

Salvage value $7800.

Does salvage value mean that the insurance company will sell it back to you for that amount?  If car is totalled that means over $10,800 in damage, so buying it back for $7800 out of the ins check for $10,800, then it costs like $11,000 to fix you are in essence paying $18,800 for a vehicle blue book at $10,800?  Am i understanding this?