• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, suspense39 said:

$110,000 for an early peanuts daily (early lucy)

Judging by the content of the daily I am going to assume some psychiatrist will be working overtime to hang that one in his waiting room. WOW!

I can't remember the last time even one daily went for $50k much less to have two three in the same auction to go for $65k and $72 and $108k....

Edited by comix4fun
Added a crazy high lot

8 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I can't remember the last time even one daily went for $50k much less to have two three in the same auction to go for $65k and $72 and $108k....

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't even see these as being above and beyond special.  Anybody with a theory about what's going on here?  Anything suspicious?

Scott

It blows away every comp and metric I can apply. I have no idea.

$108k, no snoopy, baseball, Red Baron, comic book theme, Charlie Brown...none of them.

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Have always wanted a Herriman. Happy to get a reasonable one and I like the joke too. (thumbsu

lf.jpg

Dude, I think you got a smoking deal on that one.  I expected it to go higher.  You have to post a picture holding it so folks can get an idea of just how big these were.

36 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I am still in a state of shock. I guess we will see the usual suspects raising the price of their Peanut artwork

28 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't even see these as being above and beyond special.  Anybody with a theory about what's going on here?  Anything suspicious?

Scott

Maybe someone knows something about the fire. Or a certain oligarch that's unloaded a $450M painting is on a spending spree :wink:

6 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am still in a state of shock. I guess we will see the usual suspects raising the price of their Peanut artwork

Had the exact same thought. Makes the daily which recently sold on Hakes (with a great frame to boot) seem like a bargain!

Edited by comicwiz

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

Scott

42 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Maybe someone knows something about the fire. Or a certain oligarch that's unloaded a $450M painting is on a spending spree :wink:

shutterstock_127785641.jpg

On 2017-11-16 at 4:49 PM, stinkininkin said:

Not a very impressive result on the Neal Adams Detective cover at 54k imo.

Scott

I also thought it should have been in the 80k range like the beatles batman 222 cover of last auction

4 minutes ago, zen514 said:

I also thought it should have been in the 80k range like the beatles batman 222 cover of last auction

I’ve always likened comparing Batman cover prices to Detective cover prices like the way Amazing Spider-man cover prices compare to all other Spider-title prices. I’m the same general universe but not really the same.