• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that the guy who replaced Barry as the auctioneer when the art section started wasn't the biggest comic art fan. 

When he had nothing to say in the dead time between bids and just mumbled "original art", I just about lost it.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

When he had nothing to say in the dead time between bids and just mumbled "original art", I just about lost it.

I particularly liked how he described the title of one lot...."Saga of the Swamp" 

It was a Saga of the Swamp Thing cover, but hey....that's pretty close. 

7 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

sweet jesus 25k for a Frank Miller interior DD panel page?

Watchmen page with no Rohr for $29k too. 

5 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

20k BWS Weapon X pages.  Get em while you can! :ohnoez:

Scott

That middle panel was drool inducing...

4 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Threw down on the new mutants cover but ended up runner up. Something about paying almost 10k for a mid run new mutants 80s cover seems off...but in hind sight maybe I should have bid once nore.

It is hard to get use to these ever increasing prices.  The only way I see things going down is if I decide to sell something :cry:

16 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Threw down on the new mutants cover but ended up runner up. Something about paying almost 10k for a mid run new mutants 80s cover seems off...but in hind sight maybe I should have bid once nore.

All that analysis goes out the window when you add in BWS drawing the whole team with such a stylish layout and design overall. I was stunned it went so low. I wasn't ready for it when it came up.

That's doubly true when unpublished, partially finished, Tomb of Dracula BWS covers are $18k and very nice but very niche, mid-run, Solar covers are almost $12k. 

I am sick I didn't throw a bid or two on it. 

36 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

All that analysis goes out the window when you add in BWS drawing the whole team with such a stylish layout and design overall. I was stunned it went so low. I wasn't ready for it when it came up.

That's doubly true when unpublished, partially finished, Tomb of Dracula BWS covers are $18k and very nice but very niche, mid-run, Solar covers are almost $12k. 

I am sick I didn't throw a bid or two on it. 

I'm sure it will be on some dealer's wall at $15-18K soon enough. 

I see that the Kirby/Sinnott or maybe just Sinnott Marvel's Greatest Comics #70 cover only fetched $19.1K, well below the earlier guesses here IIRC.  

I look forward to it being marketed as a full Kirby/Sinnott pairing with a $50K price tag soon.  Coming soon to a Cabal seller near you...

20 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Honesty I thought that the layout was complete garbage . It’s what kept me at bay. 

Seriously? I guess different strokes.....I looked at the blown up scan and saw exactly what Barry was trying to do and it was so much more than those issues of NM deserved. lol 

9 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Yep. BWS has done some amazing stuff. In the realm of NM, I felt his stuff was some of the weakest of all artists on the title. 

I can think of at least one that was weaker. lol