• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Watchmen page with no Rohr for $29k too. 

Very surprising result. Page has changed hands a few times since it surfaced in 2009 and has never come anywhere close to this number. Also, while this is arguably the "best" solo Nite Owl page, the market values other characters higher. Would like to see what a similar quality Rorschach, Comedian, or Manhattan page would fetch at auction.

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

It is hard to get use to these ever increasing prices.  The only way I see things going down is if I decide to sell something :cry:

I’m in the same boat. Listed some really nice pieces for tomorrow just to stash cash for future purchases. Probably would have been smarter to keep them and am having sellers remorse since I’ll never afford them again. 

10 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Yes...

Perfect storm of perfect timing of character and piece. 

Someone should complain to Heritage about that auctioneer yesterday....absolutely brutal. Zero knowledge of the content he is auctioning and zero passion or enthusiasm. I guarantee that he left money on the table for the consignors that day...I know I definitely feel that way. Just brutal.

I also think separating comic art now into three distinct days of auctions is wrong...there are too many folks I have spoken to in this hobby that have either missed, almost missed, didn't know, etc. about yesterday's "premium" or "Diamond" or whatever-they-called-it event. Keep it to the usual two days, nice and simple.

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

when you pay 40 and overpay by 35... yikes... :sick:

The heart wants what the heart wants....I guess. 

The bidding war that broke out over that one in the live session was stunning. 

Was the buyer known? If not, odd speculation, but what if it was some exec buying it for her or some producer to celebrate the movie and to hang in the home? Only reason I can think why a piece would sell for 5 times FMV, someone who didnt care a lick about value or historic relevance just wanted it as a present for someone with a deep connection to the Gadot WW.

57 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Was the buyer known? If not, odd speculation, but what if it was some exec buying it for her or some producer to celebrate the movie and to hang in the home? Only reason I can think why a piece would sell for 5 times FMV, someone who didnt care a lick about value or historic relevance just wanted it as a present for someone with a deep connection to the Gadot WW.

Possibly true.  My guess was only that it would be someone who is new to comic art or doesn't collect at all. 

15 hours ago, jsylvester said:

I’m in the same boat. Listed some really nice pieces for tomorrow just to stash cash for future purchases. Probably would have been smarter to keep them and am having sellers remorse since I’ll never afford them again. 

Better to sell on the way up,,then on the way down.

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Have always wanted a Herriman. Happy to get a reasonable one and I like the joke too. (thumbsu

lf.jpg

Congratulations! a nice one, with wordplay and the three main characters.....even a brick makes an entrance in the last panel....i think you got this at a great price! and even at a steal in the future.