• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

I feel the same way about a few "universally acclaimed" things.

Spider-man, the character that turned so many other adolescent males into hysterical bobbysoxers, has always left me completely cold (to my financial regret).  So the whole Kraven discussion goes right over my head, although I do like Zeck's art.

John Buscema art?  Decent, but doesn't stand out for me.

George Perez?  Too sterile and usually too busy.  Way too busy. 

In terms of universally acclaimed writing, though, I'm usually in line with the general consensus.

Alan Moore on Swamp Thing, Watchmen, Killing Joke and Miracleman?  Check.

Grant Morrison on Doom Patrol and Animal Man?  Check.

Neil Gaiman on Sandman?  Check.

Garth Ennis on Hellblazer and Preacher?  Check.

Frank Miller on Dark Knight?  Check.   

On 11/22/2017 at 9:21 PM, delekkerste said:

Web #32 is a great cover, but, I can't see how a KLH cover with no Kraven elements in it can be the most iconic or emblematic of the storyline.  Has to be ASM #293 or #294 IMO.

I guess the plan is to release the no-Kraven covers first?

http://freshlybakedcollectibles.com/product/peter-parker-the-spectacular-spider-man-132-1987/

image3

I bought that comic at the 7-11 as a teen.    I'm not much of a fan for these kinds of pieces at these kinds of prices but that one would be cool to have.    

Edited by Bronty

wondering what the opinions are out there for freshly baked guys? I know coolines is bad,  but no experience with freshly baked.  these items are marked as make an offer. which is not a good sign in my book. again - if you shopped with them and have good stuff or otherwise to share; would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

wondering what the opinions are out there for freshly baked guys? I know coolines is bad,  but no experience with freshly baked.  these items are marked as make an offer. which is not a good sign in my book. again - if you shopped with them and have good stuff or otherwise to share; would be appreciated.

I'm curious too. prices that are listed seem a bit high.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:26 PM, batman_fan said:

$150k for the Spiderman 150 cover seems "aggressive" to me.

Yeah......or rather........ yowza! :)

I used to own that x-men #55 cover....... sold it in 2008........ quite a rare piece

Edited by romitaman