• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, vodou said:

Are you referring to Ed Hannigan's Captain America Annual #5? If not, add that one to your list of signed by Frank but not by Frank lol

sdCaptAnn5cover.jpg

And I think we need to be aware that GCD data may not always be 100% either...

https://www.comics.org/issue/34974/

A decade ago, I remember the Donnellys selling this cover at SDCC claiming it was Frank Miller despite the widespread doubts... I came --this-- close but happened to connect with Joe Rubinstein who said "abosolutely NOT Frank Miller!"  A great cover image tho!

Edited by GreatEscape

I like it even though I'm neither a SW fan nor a Hildebrandt fan.    What do you have against orange?   ;)  It's a featured piece so I would guess its 25k or more in ha's eyes.    Ultimately the selection so far isn't typical heritage.     I'm sure it will get a lot better.

There is a cool Beast page from Xmen 2, but it's hard to get thrilled about a page with only the Beast

Edited by Bronty

On 8/31/2017 at 1:09 PM, Bronty said:

Guesses on the Hildebrandt Star Wars?

15816730%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

The SWG sets (and this piece in particular) along with the TZ novels with Thrawn are probably some of the biggest reasons why Star Wars survived the early 90s when it was just us diehard fans holding it up. People forget how truly dead and niche SW was before the prequels came about. Honestly if you were ever going to find an "important" piece of star wars illustration art to come up for sale, this painting would be it. Short of a Zahn Thrawn Trilogy cover, this would be tops.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:35 PM, comix4fun said:

And really, an artist signing a piece that he didn't work on has happened before.

I remember one very high profile cover that a dealer stuck under Frank Miller's nose and had him sign that Frank didn't have anything to do with.

In Jack's case, his name is there, how or why or when is up for discussion.

Absolutely!  Our old friend Steve (lol) at Coollines had a Romita junior ASM cover for sale that they had senior add his signature to at a convention.  The cover then became a  Romita Senior/Junior piece of artwork (even though senior's hand was not actually present) . . . with a highly-inflated asking price to cash-in on the deception.

Edited by The Voord

1 hour ago, Twanj said:

I won my first two pages at the Heritage weekly auction. I don’t see an invoice or place to pay. Do they email one or does it show up on their site later?

they email you tonight, except you can't pay yet! so you can pay tomorrow.

Once because I read the email and couldn't pay, I forgot about it and they almost charged me a late fee.

Congrats BTW

Malvin

51 minutes ago, malvin said:

they email you tonight, except you can't pay yet! so you can pay tomorrow.

Once because I read the email and couldn't pay, I forgot about it and they almost charged me a late fee.

Congrats BTW

Malvin

Thanks! My general feel of HA was that there's usually a bidding frenzy for stuff I want. I don't follow the weekly auctions as much, but there were 2 Alan Davis pages I really liked & just had to put 1 bid in for the live auction. No fight or fuss. The only downside is 6% state sales tax.

I just saw the email, it came in about an hour ago. I just paid.

Some very recent additions include:

1.  Anderson Hawkman 8 cvr

2.  Anderson Showcase 55 splash (Grundy!)

3.  Kaluta/Carey Tec 429 cover

4.  Cardy Batman 260 cover

5.  McASM 322p1 splash

6.  Dillon Preacher page from #1 and #2

7.  Jones Batman 496 cvr (Joker/Knightfall)

8.  Miscellaneous UG art that I don't care about , but I'm certain is the bees knees to some folks

Is anyone else having trouble with the Heritage website as it relates to wantlist and tracking notifications?  It just occurred to me that I haven't been receiving any e-mails from them lately despite a recent flurry of items popping up from my wantlist.  I'm also tracking items on a weekly basis and haven't been getting e-mails on those either.  I thought that maybe I had inadvertently altered my notification settings, but I checked my wantlist on the website and everything is coming up with "no current matches," which definitely is not the case.

9 minutes ago, rocket1312 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the Heritage website as it relates to wantlist and tracking notifications?  It just occurred to me that I haven't been receiving any e-mails from them lately despite a recent flurry of items popping up from my wantlist.  I'm also tracking items on a weekly basis and haven't been getting e-mails on those either.  I thought that maybe I had inadvertently altered my notification settings, but I checked my wantlist on the website and everything is coming up with "no current matches," which definitely is not the case.

You should email their support and let them know about it, maybe they can tell you what you're doing wrong, or you can help them discover a problem with the site.

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Not sure if it has been posted yet but what is the deal with all the funky winkerbean stuff?  I remember an old newspaper comic strip under that name but I am a bit out of the loop on all this work. 

I was wondering the same thing.  Every week I see stuff in the weekly auctions that I think should be in the higher profile auctions.  It's rare that I see something in the quarterlies and think "what the heck is this doing there?"

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Not sure if it has been posted yet but what is the deal with all the funky winkerbean stuff?  I remember an old newspaper comic strip under that name but I am a bit out of the loop on all this work. 

There was an article about it in here on p72-

http://intelligentcollector.com/mag/2017-8/2017-8/?ctrack=497416&type=bodylink-flipbook-intelligentcollector--dig-fall-17--tem090517

8 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Thanks for clearing that up.  You'd think that the descriptions would be a little more explicit as to what exactly these things are and what their purpose is.

For the TLDR crowd, these are imaginary covers from the Funky Winkerbean universe drawn by famous artists that are being sold to support Tom Batiuk's (Funky Winkerbean creator) cancer charity.