• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 Book Pulp Lot - Auction Format Ends Tomorrow Early Afternoon

15 posts in this topic

I have a batch of lower grade, fair to good condition pulps and thought I would thrown these out in auction format for this group of five.  I believe they are complete but did not go through and count every page.  The interior pages may have some tanning but for most don't appear to be brittle and are quite readable.  The covers however do have some marvel chipping along the edges as can be seen in the photos plus some may have tape as can be seen - for the most part covers are attached but there may be some that are detached or becoming that way.  Still lots of great GGA covers and stories by great writers and fairly presentable.

The thumbnails are clickable to view a full size picture.  I have uploaded pictures of the front and back covers plus an interior pic showing one of the line illustrations from the book.  

Also within the spoiler is a index of the stories and noted artists from http://www.philsp.com which is a great resource.

• Paypal accepted.  
  • No PL or HOS residents.  
  • Shipping will be at cost to the buyer and I will let the buyer choose how they would prefer to be shipped.  I doubt if the shipping would be worth it to folks outside the US but as long as you pay the shipping and no untruths of customs forms, I will send.
  • I would prefer no returns since these are what they are in the condition stated as seen.
  • Payment expected within 3 days after end of auction.
  • BIN is $65 plus applicable/chosen shipping.
  • Bidding starts at $5 with increments of $2.

Auction closes Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm CDT.  

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for looking:foryou:

Jeff

Edited by telerites

Famous Fantastic Mysteries August 1947 Great Virgil Finlay Cover
(this one is in pretty decent shape other than the chipping on covers)

famous_fantastic_mysteries_august_1947_ffamous_fantastic_mysteries_august_1947_bfamous_fantastic_mysteries_august_1947_i

Contents list in the spoiler below

Spoiler

Famous Fantastic Mysteries February 1946
(this guy on the cover reminds me so much of William Hartnell, the first Dr. Who)

Famous_Fantastic_Mysteries_February_1946Famous_Fantastic_Mysteries_February_1946Famous_Fantastic_Mysteries_February_1946
Spoiler

Fantastic Adventures Quarterly Spring 1942 Battle of Dunkirk Story by John Cabot

(note this is by far the roughest condition of the lot.  it is thicker as well so I have included a side pic to show the thickness)

fantastic_adventures_quareterly_spring_1fantastic_adventures_quareterly_spring_1fantastic_adventures_quarterly_spring_19fantastic_adventures_quarterly_spring_19

Spoiler

Fantastic Adventures October 1948

fantastic_adventures_october_1948_front.fantastic_adventures_october_1948_back.jfantastic_adventures_october_1948_interi

Spoiler

Fantastic Adventures November 1952

fantastic_adventures_november_1952_frontfantastic_adventures_november_1952_back.fantastic_adventures_november_1952_inter

Spoiler

Just to re-note in case someone happens to throw a bid in - 

• BIN is $65 plus applicable/chosen shipping.
  • Bidding starts at $5 with increments of $2.
Auction closes Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm CDT.  

Thanks.