• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.4 All-Star 8 up for auction
2 2

278 posts in this topic

The Sensation has moved to 302. WW1 still stagnant at 139 :eek:

No doubt the WW will move up a whole lot, but will it come close to what it hammered on CC.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Sensation has moved to 302. WW1 still stagnant at 139 :eek:

No doubt the WW will move up a whole lot, but will it come close to what it hammered on CC.

I'd be surprised if it didn't given recent market prices and buzz around WW.  Does the fact that it's an ebay auction impact the final price? 

Gotham thats a nice sig line you've got!  (thumbsu

How did the recent 3 mil action 1 auction play out if someone doesn't mind?  Was the winning bid in hours beforehand, or do people actually try last second snipes on million dollar items? And am I seeing this wrong or is the bid increment on eBay like 100$ for these?

4 minutes ago, szavisca said:

How did the recent 3 mil action 1 auction play out if someone doesn't mind?  Was the winning bid in hours beforehand, or do people actually try last second snipes on million dollar items?

2 hours ago, drotto said:
4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

By the way that behaived there was at least one high autobid that had been sitting there, and one or more people tried to snipe in a final high bid.

Instead of having this auction end in a last second snipe fest with what happens on eBay and CL auctions, I think it would be a lot more fun and interesting to watch it in the CC auction format with the 3-minute extended time period bidding process. 

38 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

this collection was bought by a comic book collector...Pristine did not fine them

Huh? Are you saying this (and the Sensation #1) aren't from an OO collection and that they have been on the market before?

Who cares if a collector found them or pristine. The fact is that it is a new OO collection that has surfaced and contains some highest graded keys.

6 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Huh? Are you saying this (and the Sensation #1) aren't from an OO collection and that they have been on the market before?

Who cares if a collector found them or pristine. The fact is that it is a new OO collection that has surfaced and contains some highest graded keys.

it not like Billy Wright...it was part of a existing collection...from what I understand, WW1 broke 141K

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

it not like Billy Wright...it was part of a existing collection...from what I understand

ok, so which part of this story is pristine lying about?

He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 70+ years. In all, the collection consists of approximately 400 books and focused on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, along with other Golden Age heroes. The books remained in the same home for the remainder of his life.

• 1941 – 1945
  • Magazine Distributor --- Store Owner --- Attic
  • Same Location --- 70 plus years later

2 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

ok, so which part of this story is pristine lying about?

He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 70+ years. In all, the collection consists of approximately 400 books and focused on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, along with other Golden Age heroes. The books remained in the same home for the remainder of his life.

• 1941 – 1945
  • Magazine Distributor --- Store Owner --- Attic
  • Same Location --- 70 plus years later

but I thought a collector bought, rather than a straight  consignment from the family?...different than billy wright?

Edited by Mmehdy

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

but I thought a collector bought, rather than a straight  consignment from the family?

So in summary, it's an OO collection that has surfaced after being stored away for 70+ years.

if the family called Pristine, or a collector purchased them first and brought them to Pristine it's the same result - an OO collection with some high grade keys has come to market.  (Though I would like to know the story on some of the rejected CGC submissions like; Superman #14, Whiz #25, Master #21, etc..)

"He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 702+ years." 

Sounds like Indiana Jones may have found them.