• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9
3 3

128 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

I had 7.0 on the Human Torch as well. Could see 6.5, but 5.5 is a real surprise. I can see the barest hint of a crease through the logo, but it doesn't break color and doesn't seem to travel too far. Is there another significant flaw I'm missing?

Just imagine owning that book, submitting it, and getting back a 5.5!

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

I had 7.0 on the Human Torch as well. Could see 6.5, but 5.5 is a real surprise. I can see the barest hint of a crease through the logo, but it doesn't break color and doesn't seem to travel too far. Is there another significant flaw I'm missing?

Bottom corner looked split when I looked at it.

48 minutes ago, AJD said:

Well, I'm surprised by the Venus. A reading crease and whatever is going on near that top staple. Evidently it can't be too bad. What did you think it would grade at Andy?

28 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Whew, I got destroyed on this round. I started out around 7.0 for both books, but I kept dropping the Venus the more I looked at it. Couldn't decide if that was a hole in the cover or a surface flake near the top staple. I wonder if the issue happened in encapsulation, i.e. the book was graded a bit higher before that piece was askew. (Andy?)

I actually didn't remember that flake, but didn't take scans prior to sending it in. 

23 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I thought there was quite a big crease down through the M and O and into the Torch himself. That was the major contributor to my grade.

6 minutes ago, AJD said:

I thought there was quite a big crease down through the M and O and into the Torch himself. That was the major contributor to my grade.

Great call then. Ah well! I could see the crease in the logo, but not any further. It looked so soft that I didn't think the grade would drop much.

Had the Venus at 7.0 and the Torch at 7.0 also, thought Andy was pulling the old double again lol I saw the crease thru the middle also had a couple of creases in the bottom right hand corner but after what we've seen I thought it would be a 7.0 and that I would be off on the Venus (shrug)

Just now, sckao said:

Just got home... Recording Grades and then posting the results...

At least FOUR Double Bullseyes so far...

:hi: