• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTIC 18 CGC 1.8
4 4

214 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm sorry to have to write something Grantley, I bit my tongue and erased a few times, but I meant what I said.

What you said was most helpful and illuminating Sharon. Particularly the bit about the stolen books.  Everything happens/does not happen for a reason. 

21 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Lesson learned, I guess.  No offense but I still find it troubling how @Columbia Comics put forth a false narrative of what looks to have actually happened.  He seemed to be stating facts you gave him then you come on and say "assumed".  If you gave CC bad info on how things went down he's probably owed an apology from you.

I've spoken to Pablo on the phone a couple of times and the only piece of info that was misunderstood on my end was the PM asking for the take it in the thread.  Apparently that was sent to Omaha and not GG.  So that piece of info is off and that's my fault for not 100% clarifying. 

If my narrative is perceived as false, then that's unfortunate b/c I was simply relaying information as I believe it was told to me.  No intent to deceive or create falsehoods.

Overall, we're good.  Pablo made a simple (and honest) mistake, will learn from it and will be better off. 

This issue has come up several times-perhaps there should be a new rule-either:

"A deal is not finalized until an :takeit:is posted in the thread, no matter what PM negotiations have occurred"

or:

"If an agreement is reached by PM, it trumps an :takeit:in the thread or any future PM negotiations"

One or the other.

5 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

I've spoken to Pablo on the phone a couple of times and the only piece of info that was misunderstood on my end was the PM asking for the take it in the thread.  Apparently that was sent to Omaha and not GG.  So that piece of info is off and that's my fault for not 100% clarifying. 

If my narrative is perceived as false, then that's unfortunate b/c I was simply relaying information as I believe it was told to me.  No intent to deceive or create falsehoods.

Overall, we're good.  Pablo made a simple (and honest) mistake, will learn from it and will be better off. 

Appreciate the clarification.  It was an important component, at least in my mind to understand clearly.

1 minute ago, kav said:

"A deal is not finalized until an :takeit:is posted in the thread, no matter what PM negotiations have occurred"

or:

"If an agreement is reached by PM, it trumps an :takeit:in the thread or any future PM negotiations"

One or the other.

I prefer the second. Time stamp rules. First acceptance of an offer by time stamp should prevail (unless otherwise noted in the thread).

1 minute ago, The-Collector said:

I prefer the second. Time stamp rules. First acceptance of an offer by time stamp should prevail (unless otherwise noted in the thread).

I agree.

Just now, MustEatBrains said:

Appreciate the clarification.  It was an important component, at least in my mind to understand clearly.

I absolutely agree.  It would have made it very clear what needed to happen.

Alas, I was incorrect and I'll own that.  To my knowledge, everything else is true.

As for personal lists, too many people around here jump the gun at the slightest imperfection.  But to each their own.  If I "updated my personal list" for every time someone did (or said) something I didn't like, I'd have 90% of the people here blocked..and probably them blocking me too!

And for stolen books, Pablo hasn't knowingly purchased any stolen merchandise.  The book in question was returned to the seller, who I believe had seller's remorse and made the "stolen" claim.

2 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

It shouldn't matter the rules as long as they're clearly spelled out.  Having universal rules that apply to everyone probably just doesn't work.

It shouldn't matter the rules as long as they're clearly spelled out.  Having universal rules that apply to everyone probably just doesn't work.

The rules in the thread should clearly spell out which of the two options above is being employed.

The rule do matter if one is easier to understand and apply.

See earlier post, the rules wouldn't be universal they would be opt out so that if parties want to stipulate their own terms that is fine. This would just be useful in the event that nothing is stipulated.

14 minutes ago, kav said:

or:

One or the other.

I remember years ago, after an incident, the Boards tried to clarify exactly what Take It should mean. I don't think conclusion was reached. The problem lay with all the permutations of Take It.  I'll Take it per PM. I'll take it pending PM. I'll Take based on scan. I'll Take based on BC scan. Etc.Etc.Etc. It was my understanding from those discussions that the Seller can set the rules any way he deems appropriate = no Board specific Rules . The problem occurs when the Seller is not explicitly clear.

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

I remember years ago, after an incident, the Boards tried to clarify exactly what Take It should mean. I don't think conclusion was reached. The problem lay with all the permutations of Take It.  I'll Take it per PM. I'll take it pending PM. I'll Take based on scan. I'll Take based on BC scan. Etc.Etc.Etc. It was my understanding from those discussions that the Seller can set the rules any way he deems appropriate = no Board specific Rules . The problem occurs when the Seller is not explicitly clear.

New rule: "If seller not explicitly clear, option #2 will be in effect"

3 minutes ago, kav said:

New rule: "If seller not explicitly clear, option #2 will be in effect"

I think another problem was brought up regarding timestamps. I think you can edit a PM without affecting the timestamp ?

Maybe another solution would be if offer accepted and better offer comes in, seller can go back to first buyer and say hey i got a better offer can you beat it?

3 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I think another problem was brought up regarding timestamps. I think you can edit a PM without affecting the timestamp ?

As far as I can tell, the "timestamps" on the new boards change to "hours ago", etc. It's not the same as before.

I remember a lot of stuff, people editing take its in thread, people looking at photobucket to try to anticipate hot bargain books that were coming up, people fighting over what they thought was a bargain book...etc, etc. 

1 minute ago, kav said:

Maybe another solution would be if offer accepted and better offer comes in, seller can go back to first buyer and say hey i got a better offer can you beat it?

Kav, that might be one of the :whistle: most unusual things you have said and I've read a few doozies;) 

Maybe we can have people dress up in jousting outfits and...

Or people can just be respectful to each other?

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Kav, that might be one of the :whistle: most unusual things you have said and I've read a few doozies;) 

Maybe we can have people dress up in jousting outfits and...

Or people can just be respectful to each other?

lol I was just kidding.  But yeah i like the jousting idea.

10 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Why would they do that?  Can't you turn on the charm and get that fixed?  :foryou:

I don't think I've got enough charm to do anything;)  but the answer will probably be that the software engineers didn't plan on people  fighting over  discussing who got which book first;) ? 

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't think I've got enough charm to do anything;)  but the answer will probably be that the software engineers didn't plan on people  fighting over  discussing who got which book first;) ? 

Don't sell yourself short, Sharon! You are well respected here.  And software engineers may be notoriously bad at dealing with end users, but just appeal to their sense of order and precision and you might just persuade them.  Seriously.  They probably wear cesium wristwatches with femtosecond accuracy, and they're settling for 16th century sundial timekeeping for the boards? lol