• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTIC 18 CGC 1.8
4 4

214 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

I apologize. Yes First the problem is that I don't ship international but was gonna make an exception for you. second I said in the message. take it on the thread but you didn't as I was dealing with two other ppl interested in the book

another buyer stepped up and took it on the thread. I think that means he wins. no?

You agreed to ship international so the exception really has nothing to do with the conversation at this point.

Paul has posted the pm discussion and I didn't see any request for him to post a takeit in the thread.  Did you ask for him to post the takeit or is your post incorrect?

To be honest it looks like all you cared about was a few extra bucks and after the fact you're trying to deflect the discussion.  

2 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

I absolutely agree.  It would have made it very clear what needed to happen.

Alas, I was incorrect and I'll own that.  To my knowledge, everything else is true.

As for personal lists, too many people around here jump the gun at the slightest imperfection.  But to each their own.  If I "updated my personal list" for every time someone did (or said) something I didn't like, I'd have 90% of the people here blocked..and probably them blocking me too!

And for stolen books, Pablo hasn't knowingly purchased any stolen merchandise.  The book in question was returned to the seller, who I believe had seller's remorse and made the "stolen" claim.

What happened to your website?

This thread reminds me of the vigilence in this community to sort out transactional issues.  It's sorely missing in other online environments. There have been numerous occasions where money was sent via PayPal after terms were agreed upon between myself and the seller, and the seller decided to accept a higher offer and refund my payment. More often than not, it was the convenience of shipping to a US based buyer than to a Canuck that was the underlying motivation to back out of the deal. I say this for two reasons. First, sending PayPal info, and/or receiving money on a deal when terms/amount have been agreed should be regarded as the the point where the seller stops talking to anyone else.

The other talking point is the terms of shipping. I have shipped to every known location imaginable, and as long as you state that you are willing to ship internationally provided the buyer accepts it will cost more, and that the additional costs are for sending the parcel using a traceable service with sig confirmation, then there should be no reasons to exclude anyone from buying. This is an international community and hearing the OP having this issue and handling it very well is classy, but doesn't lift away the impression the seller may have partially accepted the later offer out of convenience for shipping as well as the higher offer amount.

If people can't be bothered to ship to boardie's then it really is something they should consider selling on eBay where these exclusions are allowed.

12 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

I've spoken to Pablo on the phone a couple of times and the only piece of info that was misunderstood on my end was the PM asking for the take it in the thread.  Apparently that was sent to Omaha and not GG.  So that piece of info is off and that's my fault for not 100% clarifying. 

If my narrative is perceived as false, then that's unfortunate b/c I was simply relaying information as I believe it was told to me.  No intent to deceive or create falsehoods.

Overall, we're good.  Pablo made a simple (and honest) mistake, will learn from it and will be better off. 

FTR and my last comment on this topic.  I don't fault you for offering up a defense based on information seller provided to you that you believed to be true, however the seller contradicted himself right here on this thread with a critical piece of information.  He himself explicitly stated that he requested via PM @Grantley Goddard post the :takeit: after terms were agreed to then basically backtracked to "assumed" when called out on that.  Newbie mistake? maybe, but taking all evidence into account I'm calling shenanigans.  IMO classic example of the cover-up being worse than the crime.

image.thumb.png.f111418b8064760f53e82961400b0d45.pngimage.thumb.png.9eda125d1b56cea7da9c25356fa819c8.png

Just to be clear. I was not asked to post a confirmation in the thread and nor did I deem it necessary. The deal was struck (or so I thought) so I had no reason to worry about anything (again so I thought). I am a trusting soul I guess, so that is a fault on my part. One thing that has not been mentioned so far is the 'new' buyer. He must surely be aware of what has gone on by now. If I were in that position (whilst I understand it is not his fault) I would just have said...'you know what, you made a commitment to someone else before me, I'm not takin' the book, go honour your original deal'

But then again maybe that's just me. (shrug)

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

The other talking point is the terms of shipping. I have shipped to every known location imaginable, and as long as you state that you are willing to ship internationally provided the buyer accepts it will cost more, and that the additional costs are for sending the parcel using a traceable service with sig confirmation, then there should be no reasons to exclude anyone from buying. This is an international community

I could not agree more. :applause:

20 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

If I were in that position (whilst I understand it is not his fault) I would just have said...'you know what, you made a commitment to someone else before me, I'm not takin' the book, go honour your original deal'

(thumbsu

18 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

One thing that has not been mentioned so far is the 'new' buyer. He must surely be aware of what has gone on by now. If I were in that position (whilst I understand it is not his fault) I would just have said...'you know what, you made a commitment to someone else before me, I'm not takin' the book, go honour your original deal'

But then again maybe that's just me. (shrug)

I agree with you about the second buyer. One would also have to assume that, upon being approached by the second buyer, Pablo would have said something about being in negotiation with someone else. So if Pablo did say something and the second buyer knew, shame on the second buyer. If Pablo did not say anything to the second buyer, shame on Pablo.  

2 hours ago, comicwiz said:

The other talking point is the terms of shipping. I have shipped to every known location imaginable, and as long as you state that you are willing to ship internationally provided the buyer accepts it will cost more, and that the additional costs are for sending the parcel using a traceable service with sig confirmation, then there should be no reasons to exclude anyone from buying. This is an international community and hearing the OP having this issue and handling it very well is classy, but doesn't lift away the impression the seller may have partially accepted the later offer out of convenience for shipping as well as the higher offer amount.

If people can't be bothered to ship to boardie's then it really is something they should consider selling on eBay where these exclusions are allowed.

In theory I would love to agree with you but international shipments are not just about the financials. I still get confused with the paperwork. The Tracking is often not there, the risk of customs opening packages, higher risk of damage. Personally, I've had some terrible experiences. I just can't agree with you. If a seller does not want to deal with it, I have to respect it.

If i lost out on a deal I would just move on not start a thread and put them on blast but that's just me.

15 minutes ago, kav said:

If i lost out on a deal I would just move on not start a thread and put them on blast but that's just me.

One wouldn't expect that of you because you prefer to spout inane nonsense most of the time. The purpose of the thread was to give a heads up to other community members who may head unknowing into future problems. That's what a community is, covering each other's backs.

I don't know about anyone else but I have learned that there are 3 members I will not deal with again in the future.That knowledge has surfaced due to this thread.

3 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

One wouldn't expect that of you because you prefer to spout inane nonsense most of the time. The purpose of the thread was to give a heads up to other community members who may head unknowing into future problems. That's what a community is, covering each other's backs.

I don't know about anyone else but I have learned that there are 3 members I will not deal with again in the future.That knowledge has surfaced due to this thread.

You wren't cheated out of anything and you lost nothing.   It happens.  get over it.

1 minute ago, kav said:

You wren't cheated out of anything and you lost nothing.   It happens.  get over it.

Thanks for your special insight...and you might want to proof read now and again. If you are going to spout nonsense, at least get your grammar right. (thumbsu 

2 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Thanks for your special insight...and you might want to proof read now and again. If you are going to spout nonsense, at least get your grammar right. (thumbsu 

Ps it was spelling, not grammar.  At least get that right.

1udmms.jpg

1 hour ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Does the 3 include or exclude Kav?  I wouldn't pay too much attention to him as he's typically "joking"

16 hours ago, kav said:

Maybe another solution would be if offer accepted and better offer comes in, seller can go back to first buyer and say hey i got a better offer can you beat it?

Except when he's not.  (shrug)Every forum has 1 (or 10) just like em.  Plus he's under tremendous stress from the grading contest.

1 hour ago, kav said:

1 hour ago, kav said:

Kav - Do you even buy comics here on the boards?

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

Except when he's not.  (shrug)Every forum has 1 (or 10) just like em.  Plus he's under tremendous stress from the grading contest.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I've already stated that was a joke and others seem to have gotten it.  

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

If I am not in the market for an Action #1, does that mean I cannot discuss it???  (shrug)

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Does the 3 include or exclude Kav?  I wouldn't pay too much attention to him as he's typically "joking"

It does not include Kav. My principles in not doing business with people is based on their 'business practices' or in this case their sharp operating, not whether they are a tool or not.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I've already stated that was a joke and others seem to have gotten it.  

Yes, that's my point we know the first was a joke but the OP does have a legit grievance, and others seem to have gotten that too.  You're just rubbing salt when you shouldn't be but to each their own.  Still :luhv: you PIF killer.