• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTIC 18 CGC 1.8
4 4

214 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

Yes, that's my point we know the first was a joke but the OP does have a legit grievance, and others seem to have gotten that too.  You're just rubbing salt when you shouldn't be but to each their own.  Still :luhv: you PIF killer.

I always liked pouring salt on slugs.....:luhv:

17 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

I absolutely agree.  It would have made it very clear what needed to happen.

Alas, I was incorrect and I'll own that.  To my knowledge, everything else is true.

As for personal lists, too many people around here jump the gun at the slightest imperfection.  But to each their own.  If I "updated my personal list" for every time someone did (or said) something I didn't like, I'd have 90% of the people here blocked..and probably them blocking me too!

And for stolen books, Pablo hasn't knowingly purchased any stolen merchandise.  The book in question was returned to the seller, who I believe had seller's remorse and made the "stolen" claim.

Um, I'm not a part of this deal but I can say I don't appreciate that last sentence about my books which were stolen and certainly not any part of "seller's remorse" since I'm still missing several other books from the theft. I consider that remark about my "stolen claim" as a pretty good insult to my character here considering you don't know me or obviously have any accurate facts in the case.

Best not to assume things without accurate knowledge in the matter sir...

27 minutes ago, N e r V said:

And for stolen books, Pablo hasn't knowingly purchased any stolen merchandise.  The book in question was returned to the seller, who I believe had seller's remorse and made the "stolen" claim.

27 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Um, I'm not a part of this deal but I can say I don't appreciate that last sentence about my books which were stolen and certainly not any part of "seller's remorse" since I'm still missing several other books from the theft. I consider that remark about my "stolen claim" as a pretty good insult to my character here considering you don't know me or obviously have any accurate facts in the case.

Best not to assume things without accurate knowledge in the matter sir...

I thought I was following this thread closely enough to know what transpired here, but I must have missed the part about Pablo and "stolen" books.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Edited by comicwiz

24 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

I thought I was following this thread closely enough to know what transpired here, but I must have missed the part about Pablo and "stolen" books.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

I had many books stolen. Pablo posted 2 of them he purchased from the thief. I got those back. Pablo was not the thief but someone in the middle. Unless he was really dumb  I never thought when he posted them that he knew at the time they were stolen. If you buy stolen CGC books knowingly you probably wouldn't post them on CGC boards. 

My only issue was from the other poster assuming something that was far from the truth about made up "claims" and "buyers remorse". WTF?

The 2 books mentioned were played out over on the pre code thread in golden age and outside of some key missing books I'm out still I'm trying to put the whole messy business behind me.

Unless something new comes up I'm good with Pablo now.

Edited by N e r V

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I had many books stolen. Pablo posted 2 of them he purchased from the thief. I got those back. Pablo was not the thief but someone in the middle. Unless he was really dumb  I never thought when he posted them that he knew at the time they were stolen. If you buy stolen CGC books knowingly you probably wouldn't post them on CGC boards. 

My only issue was from the other poster assuming something that was far from the truth about made up "claims" and "buyers remorse". WTF?

The 2 books mentioned were played out over on the pre code thread in golden age and outside of some key missing books I'm out still I'm trying to put the whole messy business behind me.

I hope they didn't get your Venuses.

18 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Sorry this happened.  I don't know all the backstory but if Pablo bought from the thief one would assume he has the name of the thief?  Did you get this info from him and get the authorities involved?

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Sorry this happened.  I don't know all the backstory but if Pablo bought from the thief one would assume he has the name of the thief?  Did you get this info from him and get the authorities involved?

I know who the thief was and got back most of the books. A few were missing still and reported as such.

6 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I know who the thief was and got back most of the books. A few were missing still and reported as such.

was the thief arrested?

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

This has been a terrible trend in another hobby of mine. People who had been trusted by friends for many years, turned around and stole from them. A lot of it happening in the space of the last few months. Just awful. Glad to hear you got most of the books back.

6 minutes ago, N e r V said:

This is a crazy.  If you got the books back directly from the thief, he must have confessed? Is he/she claiming that they didn't take the few that you have yet to recover, or he sold them? If you reported the remaining books stolen was he/she interviewed by authorities?  I'd think there's enough there for an arrest and charges.

sorry for all the questions but I find the story intriguing.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:46 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

imagine you are on ebay. and dealing on private messages. but the post is still live. whoever gets the buy it now option first wins. If you had taken the mystic on the thread I would have honored your offer. I think when someone says take it on the thread it beats any negotiations or dealings in a private conversation. Does that make sense?

This place isn't eBay.

When you commit to something you're supposed to follow through with what you committed and tell the 2nd buyer that the book sold privately.

As for mot shipping internationally, I just don't understand why some people in the US have a problem shipping to Canada, especially if it's a well established board member.

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

When you commit to something you're supposed to follow through with what you committed and tell the 2nd buyer that the book sold privately.

Unless you have already stated that an :takeit:in the thread must be posted to consummate the sale.

1 minute ago, kav said:
4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Unless you have already stated that an :takeit:in the thread must be posted to consummate the sale.

That's a good point.

Silly rule as a commitment is a commitment but according to the rule of law, yes that would be true.

I didn't bother checking his sales thread. Did it state that?

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

That's a good point.

Silly rule as a commitment is a commitment but according to the rule of law, yes that would be true.

I think the thread was deleted.

That's a good point.

No it did not, and it has already been established that the seller has told a couple of porkies in this regard. I posted the exact pm regarding the sale. It's there to read. Kav is speaking out of either ignorance or stupidity or both, or just a desire to stir the pot. 

Edited by Grantley Goddard

1 minute ago, Grantley Goddard said:

No it did not, and it has already been established that the seller has told a couple of porkies in this regard. I posted the exact pm regarding the sale. It's there to read. Kav is peaking out of either ignorance or stupidity or both, or just a desire to stir the pot. 

Weren't you the one excoriating me for a misspelling? lol

1 minute ago, Grantley Goddard said:

That's a good point.

No it did not, and it has already been established that the seller has told a couple of porkies in this regard. I posted the exact pm regarding the sale. It's there to read. Kav is peaking out of either ignorance or stupidity or both, or just a desire to stir the pot. 

Well, if that's the case then the seller went back on his word.

Not something that is taken lightly around here (as I said, this isn't eBay - what you do actually matters).