• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTIC 18 CGC 1.8
4 4

214 posts in this topic

I just wish I knew what

4 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

told a couple of porkies

meant!!  :pullhair:

10 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

That's a good point.

Silly rule as a commitment is a commitment but according to the rule of law, yes that would be true.

I didn't bother checking his sales thread. Did it state that?

Here is what the sales thread said (although it was edited at one point, but that may have just been for the price drop. IDK)...

Mystic #18 CGC 1.8 with WHITE Pages!  features a memorable Bill Everett horror cover for "The Russian Devil!" The cover depicts skeletal communist party official literally dragging the corpse of an unfortunate citizen from his grave. it presents extremely well for a 1.8. it baffles me. it looks way better to me

$450 obo       Now $375!

Shipping: Free in the US (No international shipping)   Payment: PayPal only    

My Ebay: www.ebay.com/usr/unlimited-power75  feedback of me as %100 seller since 2003  or 

www.Instagram.com/dreamtoreal1 for references and also you can see other books I have there for sale

First  :takeit: in the thread trumps all else. Feel free to drop any questions my way via PM or if you need more pics.   thanks guys! Have more golden n silver age coming soon

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

First  :takeit: in the thread trumps all else.

I don't know whether it was edited in or not (and if so, when it was edited in, in relation to the 1st sale to GG) but I still think this is a silly rule.

Who cares whether the book sells in the thread, in a PM, via text or through a phone call?

The important thing is that it should sell to the 1st person who reaches an agreement with the seller and the seller SHOULD honor that agreement or that seller will likely be tarred and feathered by the chat forum.

Edited by VintageComics

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Here is what the sales thread said (although it was edited at one point, but that may have just been for the price drop. IDK)...

Mystic #18 CGC 1.8 with WHITE Pages!  features a memorable Bill Everett horror cover for "The Russian Devil!" The cover depicts skeletal communist party official literally dragging the corpse of an unfortunate citizen from his grave. it presents extremely well for a 1.8. it baffles me. it looks way better to me

$450 obo       Now $375!

Shipping: Free in the US (No international shipping)   Payment: PayPal only    

My Ebay: www.ebay.com/usr/unlimited-power75  feedback of me as %100 seller since 2003  or 

www.Instagram.com/dreamtoreal1 for references and also you can see other books I have there for sale

First  :takeit: in the thread trumps all else. Feel free to drop any questions my way via PM or if you need more pics.   thanks guys! Have more golden n silver age coming soon

And here is the pm, word for word confirming the deal and sale to me.

On 18/08/2017 at 7:54 PM, Grantley Goddard said:

"ok done Paul. I'm gonna post more golden age books later

$300 plus $25 ship for Mystic #18

Pablo

my paypal is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

I don't know whether it was edited in or not (and if so, when it was edited in, in relation to the 1st sale to GG) but I still think this is a silly rule.

Who cares whether the book sells in the thread, in a PM, via text or through a phone call?

The important thing is that it should sell to the 1st person who reaches an agreement with the seller and the seller SHOULD honor that agreement or that seller will likely be tarred and feathered by the chat forum.

Except a seller gets to set whatever rules he wants for his sale whether it makes sense or not.  "First person wearing a green shirt gets the book".

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Except a seller gets to set whatever rules he wants for his sale whether it makes sense or not.  "First person wearing a green shirt gets the book".

I'd quit now while I am behind if I were you. You really are making yourself more ridiculous post by post. You're like an attention seeking Pug on speed who just can't stop yapping.

Edited by Grantley Goddard

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I don't disagree.

We had this discussion years ago when Spider-Dan had a similar issue in his sales thread.

The rules are the rules.

But I still think it's a very unusual rule and I only think it's used because other people copy it from old sales thread. There's no logical reason for that rule and it's actually caused more problems than good over the years.

Personally, I think the sales forum rules should be amended to include that any made commitment needs to be honored regardless of how it sells.

Edited by VintageComics

2 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

I'd quit now while I am behind if I were you. You really are making yourself more ridiculous post by post. You're like an attention seeking Pug on speed who just can't stop yapping.

You excoriate me for a misspelling then MAKE A MISSPELLING!!  I think one one looking ridiculous is quite clear by now! lol

Once the seller says done deal, that should be the end of it IMHO.

Original buyer got screwed. Should've nominated him for probation list as opposed to calling him out on blast in this thread...again IMHO.

Just now, Logan510 said:

Once the seller says done deal, that should be the end of it IMHO.

Original buyer got screwed. Should've nominated him for probation list as opposed to calling him out on blast in this thread...again IMHO.

And saying 'It's no big deal"-when apparently IT IS A BIG DEAL!!! lol

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Agreed. If it's not a "big deal", why bother making the thread?

This thread is all kinds of win.

5 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

And here is the pm, word for word confirming the deal and sale to me.

Paul,

Please do not take my post as a sign that I do not agree with you.

I posted the original posting, as some people seemed to be unable to find it and the wording was in question.

I am very much a believer in the concept of "A deal is a deal" or as we said in the old days, "a handshake is a deal".  To me a man's word is everything.

It would have been better if you had posted an "I'll take it per PMM" as is customary, however, I don't believe the seller should have continued ANY negotiations with ANY other parties, once a deal was agreed upon.  As in contract law, there was an offer, there was acceptance, and there was consideration. 

Please do not take what I said out of context. In the scheme of things such as health, happiness etc, it is of little regard. However members who actually frequent the sales forums deserve a heads up on shady practices...hence the thread. 

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Paul,

Please do not take my post as a sign that I do not agree with you.

I posted the original posting, as some people seemed to be unable to find it and the wording was in question.

I am very much a believer in the concept of "A deal is a deal" or as we said in the old days, "a handshake is a deal".  To me a man's word is everything.

It would have been better if you had posted an "I'll take it per PMM" as is customary, however, I don't believe the seller should have continued ANY negotiations with ANY other parties, once a deal was agreed upon.  As in contract law, there was an offer, there was acceptance, and there was consideration. 

I didn't, just wanted to clarify, and thanks man.:foryou:

1 minute ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Please do not take what I said out of context. In the scheme of things such as health, happiness etc, it is of little regard. However members who actually frequent the sales forums deserve a heads up on shady practices...hence the thread. 

That's what the probation list / discussion is for right? Rarely have I seen threads in CG dedicated to warning people about other sellers / buyers.

That's all I'm saying, otherwise I absolutely agree with you.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

That's what the probation list / discussion is for right? Rarely have I seen threads in CG dedicated to warning people about other sellers / buyers.

That's all I'm saying, otherwise I absolutely agree with you.

My initial reaction was to immediately post my disappointment in the actual sales thread as soon as it occurred, but the seller locked the thread. I posted this in the actual sales forum but the mods moved it to CG. I felt the probation route was not the way i wanted to handle it. Perhaps I was wrong.

Edited by Grantley Goddard

4 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

My initial reaction was to immediately post my disappointment in the actual sales thread as soon as it occurred, but the seller locked the thread. I posted this in the actual sales forum but the mods moved it to CG. I felt the probation route was not the way i wanted to handle it. Perhaps I was wrong.

Statement of board rules:

13. Threads started explicitly to bash other members

I should probably just leave this alone, having already stated my opinion, however, I guess I just can't wrap my head around the "seller's" actions.

If I understand everything correctly....

Paul offers $300 + postage for the book (which is accepted).

Another "buyer" comes along and offers "something better" via some "negotiation".

The book was only listed at $375, so I think it is safe to say the new "buyer" did not offer the full $375, however, let us assume that he did.

This means the "seller" is now going to make an additional $75 (or less) minus the cost of the free shipping (as listed) to the new "buyer".

Is that really the value of a reputation and a man's word these days; <$75?

If that is the case, then it is a sad world we live in; very sad indeed.

Edited by Hudson