• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or is this Ebay dealer C-R-A-Z-Y?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

Agreed, way TOO much drama for 20 bucks.  It just escalated quickly.  Probably worth 20 bucks to either send back or get it reholdered... I wouldn't waste my time talking with him anymore.  plus I'm guessing you are a urologist, so 20 bucks is pretty much pittance to you .  Don't waste anymore thought to it.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

too bad, is a lot of excellent sellers from Canada.

I avoid them only because the shipping costs are too much for the low level of books I am usually buying. When shipping is 4 times the cost of the comic, it makes zero sense when there are other USA sellers with the same stuff for the most part. I try not to ship anywhere but the US for the same reason-- it is too big a hassle for the transaction.

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I avoid them only because the shipping costs are too much for the low level of books I am usually buying. When shipping is 4 times the cost of the comic, it makes zero sense when there are other USA sellers with the same stuff for the most part. I try not to ship anywhere but the US for the same reason-- it is too big a hassle for the transaction.

I understand.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, TheUrologist1 said:

I'd love to know how I was anything but polite through the initial correspondence. Only when he continued his blaming me for winning an auction, did I try to throw some sarcasm his way.

The fool! 

He fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

The most famous, is never get involved in a land war in Asia!

But, only slightly less well known is this.....never pizz off a Urologist, when death is on the line!!!

HA HA HA HA HA..........HA HA HA HA HA...........HA HA HA (thud)

Edited by Domo Arigato

This made me remember a totally opposite experience (US seller though) - a guy packaged the heck out of three advertised NM/MT raw books I bought with the hope of getting signed, total cost was only like $10.  Through what could only be massive mishandling, USPS managed to crush the lower left corners on all three, which I agreed would be NM/MT without the postman's damage.

So I messaged the seller, mainly to complement him on his great packaging and spot on grading, but also to share the sad end result of the package's journey.   He offered a few bucks back, to which I said "no, not your fault, no need", but he sent them anyway.   

On 8/18/2017 at 4:09 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Honestly, neither one of you comes across super-great in this correspondence. Not excusing his poor shipping practices, but it really got out of hand quite quickly and over a small reholder fee. I would've just left negative feedback and moved on with my life. There's way too much drama in this back-and-forth.

I love drama.

The seller is truly a jerk.  Bitter because the buyer won the auction & it was a great deal.  Acting like a weasel.  Ive had to take a loss, i take pride in my packaging and receiving positive feedback.  

Its the principle.  You don't place any books, especially graded books in a manilla envelope.  That is plain spiteful & childish.

Yep I've had it happen.  Item sells for 99c and you spend $10 on shipping.  Then you get a parking ticket when you go to ship it because there's no sign.  You just suck it up you dont go into angry weasel mode.

1. Extended back and forths with eBayers always confuse me. If I don't get the response I want the first time around I just open a case, ignore the seller and let eBay decide. Not going to argue with some dope because they can't be bother to describe an item accurately or ship correctly. Of course that sometimes means I have to return an item that I would rather keep with a partial refund, but those are the breaks. Beats hours of aggravation.