Dealer Stock Clearance (50 Longboxes) [CLOSED]

2 posts in this topic

4,819 posts
Hello all!

I'm going to be downsizing my operations to focus on my day job while maintaining an online presence selling graded books and keys. I LOVE doing shows, but my real life situation doesn't allow me to do as many as I would like, nor allow me to travel for them, so it's time to pull the plug as they say. Therefore, it's time to clear out a big chunk of my inventory, so I'm going to post this here first and foremost, and see if there any takers for the entire lot. I will officially close it by the end of the week-end in order to 'legally' advertise it elsewhere. On to the fun stuff!

Asking price: $15,000.00 CAD (Estimated real retail market value $60K+ CAD)
Shipping/delivery terms: Pick-up only.
Grade: Grades vary of course, but the 1985-present stuff is on average 9.4. The Silver Age stuff is mostly low grade (5.0 and lower), while the Bronze Age stuff is pretty solid for the most part--6.0 and higher for the most part. The books have been stored in a clean and dry storage facility, so no need to worry about this being a water-damaged, etc. lot.
Miscellaneous: All but 7-8 boxes have been processed and are ready to go if you want to start a business. In other words, you don't have to spend 700 hours prepping these books. Bags and boards are relatively new (<5 years) for the processed stuff.
Are there any keys?: There are no big keys in here. I'm keeping the pricier books and graded books, but that doesn't mean this has been cherry-picked. All of the under $40.00 books are still there. There are TONS of lower-end "wall books."

About 50* longboxes broken down as follows:

• 24 longboxes of my main Bronze to Current inventory. Consists of books priced between $4.00-35.00 each. I’d say the average sticker price is north of $7.00 (and I don’t jack sticker prices up). Long runs of solid-selling titles like ASM, BATMAN, WALKING DEAD, HARLEY QUINN, DEADPOOL, X-MEN, etc… These boxes are my bread and butter. I try to stock only quality books in these. Lots of classic covers and minor keys, as well as variants.
  • 6 longboxes of sets. Lots of pricier sets such as CIVIL WAR, HUSH, OLD MAN LOGAN, MARVEL SUPERHEROES SECRET WARS, CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, NOVA vol. 1, SHE-HULK vol. 1, INFINITY GAUNTLET, THE LONG HALLOWEEN, etc…
  • 4 long boxes of “cheapies.” These are mostly books that most vendors prices at $3.00-5.00 each, but I normally blow out. Mostly modern stuff with some low grade Silver Age (SA), Bronze Age (BA) and lower end Copper (CA) books.
  • 4-5 longboxes of “discount” oldies. This is mostly lower end SA and BA books, many of which were purchased from a large store purchase and I didn’t want to reprocess it all so I simply put them in 50% off bins since their sticker prices were rather high.
  • 2 long boxes of SA books. A nice mix of stuff priced under $40.00 each.
  • 1 longbox or so of magazines and older Marvel Graphic novels. Several $40.00+ items.
  • 6 or so long boxes of TPBs and HCs, including a few pricey editions.
  • 1 magazine box of fanzines, art folios, Fireside Books, and other misc. type items.
  • 4-5 boxes of overstock. Most of it consist of Spidey, X-Men and Bat titles.

The photos below show most of the boxes.

Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to ask questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* The exact number of boxes per category might be off. I have to triple check.

IMG_1729.thumb.JPG.9f3fbe4112d7fc66ba98fce7a6393679.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics
CLOSED

4,819 posts

Officially closed and being moved elsewhere.

Thanks for looking!