• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 23-26, 2018
1 1

233 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2017 at 9:38 AM, TheWatcher said:

I think these dates will work better for most people. Little chance of it interfering with kids going back to school

Now I'm hearing that the dates are changing to August 23-26, which would put us in the same boat as this year's less that stellar dates. They put the 16-19 dates in every daily update to the dealers, so who knows. I guess we will see what they put on the website if/when they publish the 2018 schedule. 

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Now I'm hearing that the dates are changing to August 23-26, which would put us in the same boat as this year's less that stellar dates. They put the 16-19 dates in every daily update to the dealers, so who knows. I guess we will see what they put on the website if/when they publish the 2018 schedule. 

:facepalm:

55 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Half retail booth?  What is it 5'x5'?

Psychic said the half retail booth is 10' across x 5' deep thus only slendor vendors may apply, and no room for greggy to nap behind.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

16 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Psychic said the half retail booth is 10' across x 5' deep thus only slendor vendors may apply, and no room for greggy to nap behind.

Thanks for the info.  Not a bad deal if you can pack 20 long boxes of good stuff into the booth and clear out some books for $650.

49 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Now Wizard has responded on FB, but only to say the blue list I posted above, THAT THEY CIRCULATED LIKE 5 DAYS AGO, is inaccurate. No other details offered.

So they're saying that the official dates for next year's show are Aug 23rd-26th?

2 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

So they're saying that the official dates for next year's show are Aug 23rd-26th?

So far nobody has said that exactly. It was on their Twitter feed, but they won't answer direct questions. 

7 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Why the hell are they coming back to Des Moines next year?!?!?!  From what I heard they were literally GIVING AWAY booths to the local comic shops this year because no one was signing up. 

Great question. They must think that this smaller market plan is their path to salvation and profitability, as they're doubling down on it with Peoria, IL; Springfield, MO; Biloxi; etc.